New Content/Installment???

General discussion about the game.
SkinnyCraig

New Content/Installment???

Postby SkinnyCraig » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:09 pm

While I did read in the FAQ that there are no plans on releasing additional content or a sequel, I was curious to know if that has changed since that FAQ was posted.

FTL is by far one of the best games I have EVER played on iOS. In fact, this is the only app that has remained on my iPad since I purchased it 2 years ago. When I am in need of additional space, this is one item that is off limits when it comes to clearing out storage space.

While my personal opinion of this wonderful game likely has very little impact concerning the potential of updates or a sequel, I'd think the nominations and awards received would make a sequel a no-brainer!

With that being said, has there been any consideration to releasing an update for FTL or with regards to releasing another installment/sequel for this spectacular game?

Thank you in advance for your time and thank you for making this phenomenal game!!!!!!
elijahdb

Re: New Content/Installment???

Postby elijahdb » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:16 pm

If the devs for FTL are considering another update they haven't said a word about it. If you do want more to FTL you can play mods on a PC, but because you have an iPad the only way you could do that on it is to jail-break it (I know someone who successfully did it). Otherwise you're out of luck, sorry.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:32 pm

The following information is two weeks old but I thought I'd post it anyways

"I asked the devs if they were going to re-enable save game transfer on iPad. This was their response."

(source)
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:26 pm

elijahdb wrote:If the devs for FTL are considering another update they haven't said a word about it. If you do want more to FTL you can play mods on a PC, but because you have an iPad the only way you could do that on it is to jail-break it (I know someone who successfully did it). Otherwise you're out of luck, sorry.

what is this 'jail breaking' you speak of :?:
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:39 pm

Certain devices only have limited functionality. An iPad can only do this, your phone can only do that. You don't have true freedom to do what you want with the device, almost as if it's in jail.

Jail-breaking means you remove the shackles of restraint and the device can be freely modified. Problem is that you void the warranty, you can't receive updates and any damages you do are your own fault, even if it was a design flaw of the original creators/wardens.

I don't think jail-breaking things like your iPad are illegal despite the name sounding like it is but it's not highly recommended.