Harder difficulties?

General discussion about the game.
ComboBreaker

Re: Harder difficulties?

Postby ComboBreaker » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:09 am

Qurrently the only way to make the game harder is to gimp yourself via ship choice or specific playstyle,like,playing without shields.
Hissatsu

Postby Hissatsu » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:13 am

Icehawk78 i believe you are seriously wrong. I always get easier encounters on easy - ships with two or three shields show up much later, and ships with lots of weaponry (say, ships that can easilly penetrate your level 1 shield or cloaking) are way less common. I can easilly walk through the game with Stealth B on easy, and i'm spending my first over 150 scrap on stuff i'm not really using to get combat advantage at all - drone and teleporter - and then next 150 on shields - and nothing on ship upgrades except cloak 3, so my first meaningfull addition is 1 shield blob after ~350 scrap gathered. On normal i just get demolished by the enemy with Stealth B, no chance.
Plus it says in the tool tip that enemy generation is easier on easy.
Real

Postby Real » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:51 pm

I think we should see a Survival mode of increasing difficulty with endlessly-generating sectors and no Flagship. It would progress to a point where either you hit a wall of five-shield drones with breach bombs, or you just boss it out and get a really big score. I mean, the flagship is only so hard and much less of an issue once you know it's weak points. If we had stuff of that difficulty combined with the boarders off transports or slug lockdown events, hoo man...
Lee72

Postby Lee72 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:09 pm

jamotide wrote:
Lee72 wrote:You want hard? try playing Dwarf Fortress & not this! :roll:

I did, and all that was "hard" was the interface!

Did you try to pump magma to the surface from 100 z's down! Ithink not :lol: