icepick

Re: Best ship? [POLL]

Postby icepick » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 pm

Kestrel

Most well-rounded and easy to use.
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Engi cruiser; if you pick up a drone recovery arm and sink some points into shields it becomes:
* Launch Drones
* Grab a Coffee
* ???
* Profit!
Last edited by Whale Cancer on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Zaffre

Postby Zaffre » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:22 pm

The Kestrel excels in all schools, but I like the Zoltan fighter myself; it has its pros and cons however. Pros is that it comes with Zoltans, who provide power to the room they're in, meaning you have to spend less scrap upgrading your reactor, and it comes with a Zoltan shield. The downsides are that Zoltan are weak and if one dies it can ruin your entire setup (i.e. your weapons Zoltan dies and you lose control of your Ion Blast II). However, the Zoltan shield does keep away teleportation, so if it's up you're safe engaging Mantis ships, which tend to have teleporters installed.

The Federation Cruiser is good too, but not ideal for boarding in case you forget to turn off your artillery beam. Later today it seared through a Rock cruiser I had sent my two Mantis onto, and it killed them before I could react.
Moosicorn

Postby Moosicorn » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:23 pm

Engi cruiser
undergroundmonorail

Postby undergroundmonorail » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:23 pm

The Engi ship is the only non-Kestrel one I have unlocked, but it's lots of fun. Ion is super good, and drones are cool.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:41 pm

Crystal-B.
Four-man teleporter, cloaking right from the word "go," and Crystal guys are pretty OP with that Lockdown ability. Plus, you can board a drone and get them out alive with a lvl 2 teleporter. Get some mantis with you and you can decimate almost anything without even needing to fire a shot (which is good because the one downside is the lack of any starting weapons).
LULZferBAKON

Postby LULZferBAKON » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Secret Ship B.

4 person teleporter which is right next to your medbay, as well as starting with a level one cloak, AND three of the most useful boarders in the game.
Donavan

Postby Donavan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:59 pm

Ya i would have to go with Crystal B. I LOVE warping to a new beacon, cloaking right away, warping into their weapons room, and locking that thing down! then from there its pretty easy. Especially if you have cloak 3 you have a LONG time that you get to beat on their weapons before they can even start to lock onto your ship.

P.S. In case you didnt get it i LOVE boarding!
The best Sci Fi game Youtube Channel

www.youtube.com/user/NerdGuy1988
Alblaka

Postby Alblaka » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:53 pm

Since I don't have Crystal B yet, I'm going with either Engi Cruiser or Mantis Cruiser B. Basilisk's only downside is it's inability to fight auto-drones early on, but that's it. You start with teleporters, mantis, lvl 2 shields and even a defense drone.
Greetz,
Alblaka