What was your easiest Flagship kill?

General discussion about the game.
Aerowind

What was your easiest Flagship kill?

Postby Aerowind » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Had a game last night where I actually dominated the game for the first time. Was playing as Engi A and managed to find two other Anti-Ship I Drones before I left sector one, which allowed me to more or less steamroll my way through the game. Eventually ended up with another Ion Burst II, and a Burst Laser I and I absolutely shredded the boss. It didn't even manage to use it's special laser shotgun super attack it has in it's third fight because it died before then. Had two scrap arms and a drone recovery arm for most of the game. Traded one of the scrap arms for a weapon reloader near the end.

It was just one of those rare games where everything went my way.

What about you guys? What ship and weapon loadout did you have that made the rebels cry home to their collective mommies?
Bushman

Re: What was your easiest Flagship kill?

Postby Bushman » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Zoltan ship, type B I think.

I had a beam weapon and two ion types plus a small bomb. I had enough energy and weapon space to have them all going at the same time.

I had level 3 shields, a defense drone and an anti ship drone Mk 2

I also had cloaking and a teleport team of two mantis.

I couldn't run all this stuff at the same time of course, but I micromanaged between the drones/shields/cloak/boarding

In the end, he ever hit me with was two missiles in the last round. I had his entire crew killed by the end of round 2.
Icehawk78

Postby Icehawk78 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Holy crap, two Ion Burst IIs? And here I thought I had it easy on my Engi ship with an Ion Burst I and Ion Burst II!
Aerowind

Postby Aerowind » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Eh, the first time I ran the Engi ship I had an ion burst II, I, and a Heavy Ion. Granted, a lot of that was because I was trying to unlock Engi B, but it worked quite well. Couldn't get the scrap to get my third drone working though and my defenses were kind of crap so the flagship tore through me that game.
ice

Postby ice » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Once as the fed cruiser B, I managed to get one anti-ship drone MK II and one anti-ship mk II, which would have been kinda bad, but I also managed to get a drone recovery arm, so I just went to upgrade my artillery beam after that.

With one less than full engine, full artillery, full shields, two burst lasers mk II and those two drones, I managed to lose my two mantis destroying his missiles because I killed him so fast...

Man, I hate when I'm so good that I accidentally murder my own crew while kicking so much ass.
I always have this great idea to post about when reading a thread, but I always seem to loose the subject while writing a reply, and end up not saying anything at all. I should sleep more. Is that a cookie?
icepick

Postby icepick » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:15 pm

I had a dual ion burst 2 build as well. It was fairly ridiculous.
embair

Postby embair » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:18 pm

My latest boss fight using the engi ship wasn't stupidly easy (some micromanagement was required), but it certainly had the right feel of utterly humiliating the rebel command :).

L3 teleporter + fully leveled boarding squad of 2 mantis and 2 rockmen + fire bomb + breach bomb + boarding drone = complete anihilation of all crew and systems in the first minute or so of battle. It got even faster in phases 2 and 3, since the AI that took over could not put up any active boarding resistence or put out fires. Of course there was still a lot of hull points left even with all systems destroyed, so I then had to switch to my one basic laser and mk1 anti-ship drone and watch them slowly beat down on the helpless husk. (in phase 2 and 3 the flagship could actually still use the "power surge" attacks, but without the support of regular weapons and with me having a ton of spare energy to put in shields, engines and defense drone, it was harmless).