Your "Holy Crap" moments

General discussion about the game.
dark33hawk

Your "Holy Crap" moments

Postby dark33hawk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:47 am

-this a experiment to start writing on this forum, if you have any tips please let me know(i am thinking of a long term story)-

one very common "Holy Crap" is when you get the crystal ship without even trying.(seasoned players i can fell the rage) :lol:
I've grown Scales since I left. But now I'm soaring again. Off to save the Federation and have fun!
stylesrj

Re: Your "Holy Crap" moments

Postby stylesrj » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:11 am

one very common "Holy Crap" is when you get the crystal ship without even trying.(seasoned players i can fell the rage)

How about finding a weapon floating in space and not something like "Free Scrap" weapons like a missile or Flak II but something like a Burst Laser II or a Flak 1. Holy crap!
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:02 am

stylesrj wrote:
one very common "Holy Crap" is when you get the crystal ship without even trying.(seasoned players i can fell the rage)

How about finding a weapon floating in space and not something like "Free Scrap" weapons like a missile or Flak II but something like a Burst Laser II or a Flak 1. Holy crap!

The game even says "Holy crap!" in that situation.

I love it when that weapon's a Vulcan :D
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
dark33hawk

Postby dark33hawk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Vulcan are the best,they take a long time to power and fire but its worth the four power out of eight.

:)
I've grown Scales since I left. But now I'm soaring again. Off to save the Federation and have fun!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:06 pm

dark33hawk wrote:Vulcan are the best,they take a long time to power and fire but its worth the four power out of eight.

:)

No, they are not. :P
Especially if your Weapons get hit by a stray missile your Defense Drone didn't block with its face. Or it was bombed.
dark33hawk

Postby dark33hawk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:25 pm

No, they are not. :P
Especially if your Weapons get hit by a stray missile your Defense Drone didn't block with its face. Or it was bombed.

yes, the crack in the wall. while i agree it takes a while, when it fires the fifth shot(the final one i think). the time is ludicrous. you can easily use it to break in and fire at the weapons system to break the bomb weapon(s)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:42 pm

dark33hawk wrote:yes, the crack in the wall. while i agree it takes a while, when it fires the fifth shot(the final one i think). the time is ludicrous. you can easily use it to break in and fire at the weapons system to break the bomb weapon(s)

Unless they've got a Defense Drone II. Seriously that beast will stop a fully charged and manned Chain Vulcan consistently (And boy did that happen to me.)

I dunno, I used to snatch up the Vulcan every time I saw it in stores but then the drawbacks really got to me. You need another gun to make it work effectively which means you can't just buy one and not worry about weapons for the rest of the game.

Also, I could never pick up a pair of Chain Vulcans in any one game.
I once got 3 Burst Laser II's and even saw a flying pig but I've never had a pair of Chain Vulcans.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:49 pm

The Vulcan is possibly the best and most powerful support weapon in the game. The support weapons include heavy lasers, all beams, and bombs. The support weapons make your loadout better, but they cannot make a good loadout in and of themselves.

It's why a heavy laser works great with a BL2, but sucks on the Engi B with a Heavy Ion (another support weapon).

A Vulcan by itself is a glass cannon. Super powerful if you can hold them off and they don't have a foil. With most any other weapon (or combination of 2 or 3 weapons) it is *ridiculous* how quickly the enemy goes down.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
dark33hawk

Postby dark33hawk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:31 pm

Yes i do agree with that its not good on its own (from its slow start) but is an amazing support by breaking past the shields for the more damage dealing weapons to hit (ex.beams and heavy laser)and i too think that the Vulcan are rare(maybe that why some players call it the best because it's very rare) But the load out i have below this was very rare.

When i was playing the engi C i got a flak 2 and flak 1(both used for shield breaking and general wrecking),a burst laser 2(for more precise aiming), combat drone 2 (with enough to power it) a drone recovery arm and a Zoltan shield now this is a "Holy Crap" moment.(and yes i beat the flagship with this). :o
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:29 am

Strange. Every time I acquire a Flak II, I think "Free money"

22 second charge time for 7 projectiles? The Flak I, like the Burst II is clearly better than the later incarnations.