Man up!

General discussion about the game.
Naut

Re: Man up!

Postby Naut » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:08 pm

nfiea wrote:
and as for a single event that can kill you

you could fight a ship with a beam drone as your first battle with the stealth ship and be destroyed before you can jump or get 1 shot off.

So yeah

well, start over then? you played like what? 5 minutes?
zabbo2

Postby zabbo2 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:23 pm

I find it so odd that people would choose an easy game over a difficult one. The greater you have to work to beat something (or achieve anything in life actually) the more rewarding it is.

Like the O.P I find most modern games way too easy. To the point that I can't even bother to play them. A game without challenge is just completely uninteresting to me; I rather read a book or watch a movie.

Hell the best thing to happen to FTL IMHO would be for a hard mode to be developed.
nfiea

Postby nfiea » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Retro wrote:
NWade wrote:I like that the devs don't get overly involved in the forums here... But "seriously", we could have stopped at

{serisuly I think you are a dick and an idiot}

Everything after that (either by the Troll or by the people feeding the troll) is a waste.

Moderators: Please - just suspend the Troll, delete the later posts, and lock the thread.

Everyone else - please don't feed the Troll. He/She has proven their lack of intelligence/immaturity. Nothing you say will change their mind; do not waste your time or energy (or embolden this person to do this on other threads).

Thank you.

--Noel

I quite like him, feeding him makes my point more valid :p

It's funny that you think so, because as far as I can tell you can't get past saying you don't understand what I'm talking about then saying that my factual statements based on my life are false.

I'm pretty sure everyone reading this can tell that I'm actually making points while acting like a child and you are just hoping no one figures out that you have no response to my argument other than to pretend it is false.

and ban Noel

Thank you.

--nfiea
nfiea

Postby nfiea » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:16 pm

zabbo2 wrote:I find it so odd that people would choose an easy game over a difficult one. The greater you have to work to beat something (or achieve anything in life actually) the more rewarding it is.

Like the O.P I find most modern games way too easy. To the point that I can't even bother to play them. A game without challenge is just completely uninteresting to me; I rather read a book or watch a movie.

Hell the best thing to happen to FTL IMHO would be for a hard mode to be developed.

Yes, make it so that the difficulty isn't based on random nonsense of the broken number generator; then add a hard mode. There isn't really any point in doing it in the other order, but whatever.

or you could just change the random number generator to always give the player worse response by another 20%.

I bet a lot of people would enjoy this
Maze1125

Postby Maze1125 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:41 pm

nfiea wrote:
zabbo2 wrote:I find it so odd that people would choose an easy game over a difficult one. The greater you have to work to beat something (or achieve anything in life actually) the more rewarding it is.

Yes, make it so that the difficulty isn't based on random nonsense of the broken number generator; then add a hard mode. There isn't really any point in doing it in the other order, but whatever.

or you could just change the random number generator to always give the player worse response by another 20%.

I bet a lot of people would enjoy this

If success is based purely upon randomness, then how come some people consistently pass the game on normal while others consistently fail on easy?
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:57 am

Hey Guys,

Sorry, I just got wind of this when I woke up... being on a different time zone from most of our players can be difficult. nfiea has been suspended. Usually I don't like to have to ban or censor anyone and I won't be removing the posts that are already up. But he/she took it too far and was abrasive, rude, and disruptive.

Nice choice quote from the Technical Support forum where he was also making waves:

yeah I'm pretty much being a huge dick so everyone will read my posts and consider my thoughts as they dispute them(internet bullying, it's easier than you think)

I don't intend to be a long time member of this forum and I doubt I'll play this game very often after a few weeks.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Retro

Postby Retro » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:14 am

zasdarq wrote:Hey Guys,

Sorry, I just got wind of this when I woke up... being on a different time zone from most of our players can be difficult. nfiea has been suspended. Usually I don't like to have to ban or censor anyone and I won't be removing the posts that are already up. But he/she took it too far and was abrasive, rude, and disruptive.

Nice choice quote from the Technical Support forum where he was also making waves:

yeah I'm pretty much being a huge dick so everyone will read my posts and consider my thoughts as they dispute them(internet bullying, it's easier than you think)

I don't intend to be a long time member of this forum and I doubt I'll play this game very often after a few weeks.

I did check a couple of his other posts, but didn't see that one. Seems like some people just can't help themselves. I'll take this opportunity to say, thanks for making the game. I've already had many hours of enjoyment out of it and many more to come I think. The way you've made it gives it plenty of longevity. Also congrats on the sales success.
PirateCat

Postby PirateCat » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:38 am

Retro wrote: I'll take this opportunity to say, thanks for making the game. I've already had many hours of enjoyment out of it and many more to come I think. The way you've made it gives it plenty of longevity. Also congrats on the sales success.

I want to second this. Far too many games out there that don't offer half the enjoyment. And they want to charge 6 times the price.