Suggest: Instant Heal when...

General discussion about the game.
Jalida

Suggest: Instant Heal when...

Postby Jalida » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:58 am

Hi,

Just a little suggestion to help the flow of the game.
[SEE NEXT POST DOWN - It's a better idea]
I'd suggest that after a battle, or when in a sector without enemies (like after you've defeated the enemy) that when drones (fixit drone or the one that detects intruders) go back to the drone compartment on your ship they should simply instantly heal.

I'll go so far as to suggest the same thing for the crew members when they go to the med bay, again... ONLY when there is no enemy onboard your ship or in the same sector that you are in.

What I'm finding is that there is this intense slowdown in the game play while I wait for my crew or my drones to heal up after a battle. I'm not going to jump to a new sector until they are healed so I'm sitting here just staring at my screen. Just make them instantly heal when they go back to the drone compartment or med compartment as long as there are no enemies around, it will allow us to jump back into the real action of the game in a timely manner and avoid the slowdown that is going on now after a fight has been won.
Last edited by Jalida on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derakon

Re: Suggest: Instant Heal when...

Postby Derakon » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:32 am

A better solution would probably be to have a fast-forward button, which you could use even during combat. That way if there is a situation in which instant-heal would break the game balance (say, you're scrambling to repair your O2 generator), you haven't actually changed how the game works.
Jalida

Postby Jalida » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:36 am

Good idea, I hadn't thought that it might be used in a situation like you mentioned. :oops:
Twinge

Postby Twinge » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:10 am

I made a post regarding this on the official bugtracker: https://getsatisfaction.com/ftlgame/top ... oaking_etc
FTL Tips & Tricks Video Series

Catch my stream on Twitch

Improve game balance, fix bugs, and have more decisions: Twinge's Balance & Bugfix Mod