Your dumbest FTL moments

General discussion about the game.
blaeron

Re: Your dumbest FTL moments

Postby blaeron » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:37 am

I both destroyed an enemy ship while my crack 3 mantis 1 secret race boarding team was on board and lacked the teleporter power to beam them out, and ran out of missiles during the final boss's third stage in the same run.
Insert something witty and humorous here.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:38 pm

I beamed my best Mantis boarders onto the Bulwark (when you first encounter it) just as it became painfully obvious the ship was going to engage it's drive and get away. Curses!

At least i unlocked a new ship, but what a dumb thing to do..... in sector 6 of all places!
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Retro

Postby Retro » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Many, many dumb moments. But I'd say my crowning achievement would have to be dealing with a boarding party of 4 mantis' (or manti). Meanwhile their rather well armed ship is tearing holes through my shields then hull. I look up to see exactly why the ship battle is going so very badly, realising that not only had I forgot to target anything, I'd forgot to even power up the wepons :-(
Pikes

Postby Pikes » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:52 pm

First injured mantis boarding team returns to go heal in the med bay while I send in the second mantis team. Battle rages for awhile then.......Wait......are they dead?! Did a missle just hit my medbay?........Oh god! We forgot to power the medbay! They we sitting in there waiting to be healed.
Caliph

Postby Caliph » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm a new player, only started last night, but I do have a few.

1: Not looking at my own ship while in a firefight. I was so focused on shooting my lasers and missiles at the enemy I forgot to check on my ship to see the damage. "Why aren't my weapons recharging"? Turns out they had destroyed my weapons and had fired in the life support, helm, shields, and weapons. I could have managed that better. Only took a few more hits to finish me off.
2: Not paying attention to health of my crew trying to repair the life support.
3: Pressing the wrong transport button, instead of teleporting my close to death boarding party out I teleported the rookie crew member into the fight where he promptly got beat up.
4: Not realising that I had no chance against an enemy until it was too late. I had 2 burst lasers and thought I was ready to take on the world. Turns out a missile to take out my shield and a few well placed hits to my weapons systems made me a sitting duck, and while I scrambled to try to repair the weapons fires started everywhere as the enemy kept on raining shots on me. Went into that fight with near full hull, and got destroyed, only inflicting minimal damage on the enemy (slightly hurt their shields and weapons but they repaired that quickly).
omphaloskepsis

Postby omphaloskepsis » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:12 am

I do minor stupid moves on a regular basis, but I just went for gold.

Playing Kestrel, I had 8 crew members of 5 races, starting sector 3, and had just got a teleporter. I'm still just getting up to speed on boarding, so it's always exciting when I get it together.

On my second melee fight, I got distracted with so much going on: 2 waves of 2 melee crew, others running around doing repairs on my ship, while focusing on taking out the rebel medbay and drone control with guns while keeping shields offline, etc.

And then I shot the already red and burning medbay with 2 burst lasers. There goes the rebel ship and my 4 crew members. My ship was in great shape and pretty well outfitted, but I couldn't continue with that game.
vontasben

Postby vontasben » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:09 am

I lost all the starting crew for my Zoltan ship after fixing a hull breach and opening all doors to equalise the atmosphere.
This worked perfectly, but as there was another hull breach I hadn't found (nebula, so no sensors) everyone suffocated :(
Warhawx

Postby Warhawx » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:01 am

Teleporting my whole boarding party onto the enemy ship and forgetting to heal them beforehand...
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:32 am

omphaloskepsis wrote:I do minor stupid moves on a regular basis, but I just went for gold.

Playing Kestrel, I had 8 crew members of 5 races, starting sector 3, and had just got a teleporter. I'm still just getting up to speed on boarding, so it's always exciting when I get it together.

On my second melee fight, I got distracted with so much going on: 2 waves of 2 melee crew, others running around doing repairs on my ship, while focusing on taking out the rebel medbay and drone control with guns while keeping shields offline, etc.

And then I shot the already red and burning medbay with 2 burst lasers. There goes the rebel ship and my 4 crew members. My ship was in great shape and pretty well outfitted, but I couldn't continue with that game.

Ouch. There goes the United Federation achievement... :|
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Swiffle

Postby Swiffle » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:52 am

Using boarding parties was....interesting.

Fired on room boarding party was attacking? Check
Leaving drones to randomly fire on room boarding party was attacking? Check
Teleported into AI ship(no oxygen) losing boarding party to suffocation before teleport cooldown could recall them? Check
Enemy ship powered up FTL Drive with our boarding party still present? Check

Named one ship "SSV Normandy" with Shepard, Wrex, Wreav, and Legion as the crew. First jump? Giant alien spiders. Checked it out anyway :) Commander Shepard didn't it back alive. CRITICAL MISSION FAILURE
RESTART