Modding Section

General discussion about the game.
Nightmare

Modding Section

Postby Nightmare » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:24 pm

As we all the sooner or later the community is going to start creating a lot of mods, wouldn't it be nice for the mods to have they own section? With sub-sections like mod support (help with the technical when making mods), mod suggestions (where players can suggest mods, and hope that someone will take up the challenge, and create the mod) and a tutorial section (where players can post tutorials on how to create things like events, ships etc.). When the game eventually gets boring after a lot of replays it would be a lot easier to search for the extra story mods and so on in the modding section rather than going through pages in the General Discussion section. Opinions? :)
filip15100

Re: Modding Section

Postby filip15100 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Exactly what I was thinking
AtillaBosma

Postby AtillaBosma » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Yeah I think we should, the modding tutorials are getting mixed with the many stories about people beating the game.
A Modding Tutorial section and Mod Release section would be great.
mattimao

Postby mattimao » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:02 pm

+1 for a Mod Section :D

Please...
Honelith

Postby Honelith » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Yep, this is needed badly. I'm currently using ctrl+f in Firefix to highlight every single 'mod' word on the page to see what juicy new mod is available. A Mod section would be brilliant. :)
curlsworth

Postby curlsworth » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Definitely. This community is already exploding with mod plans and creations.
Nightmare

Postby Nightmare » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:59 pm

By the way, the reason I suggested this is mostly that I am currently working on a new mod called 'Project Star Trek'. Going to try adding some of the races in the star trek that universe that i see potential in and add them to the game. If it goes well I keep working on it and attempt to add some new ships. Going to make a thread about it later if the section gets made, gonna need some spriters.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:05 pm

I tried PM'ing an admin about it but it seems I haven't the permission. Minimum post-count perhaps? Dunno.
Either way, if any of you fine devs are reading this, there's already a dozen+ topics that could be moved there. Modding forum ASAP please! ;)

PS...

Code: Select all

<!-- ROCK SHIP -->
<!-- LAYOUT = ALTERNATE -->    <!-- name it after FP2 Shivans? - Rakshasa - Moloch - Ravana - Sathanas-->
<!-- SHIP ID = 6 -->   
<shipBlueprint name="PLAYER_SHIP_ROCK_2" layout="rock_cruiser_2" img="rock_cruiser_2">
   <class>Rock Cruiser</class>
   <name>Shivan</name>

You guys are awesome. FreeSpace 2 ftw.
(Odds of Volition successfully kickstarting FS3? Hmm...)
thenightgaunt

Postby thenightgaunt » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:54 am

I figured I'd start posting over here. Maybe if we condense the Mod section request to one growing thread it'll get some attention.

Does anyone know if there's a way to email the the admin? I saw that someone tried to PM the admin but couldn't.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:29 am

Seems like you have to hit 10 posts before you can PM anyone. I sent zasdarq a message just now, so hopefully they're not too buried in bugfixes and patch-work to set it up, but I fully understand if tweaking the forum isn't their top priority right now. ;)