Congrats on a great game.

General discussion about the game.
internetlad

Congrats on a great game.

Postby internetlad » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:50 pm

I don't know if anybody has said it on the boards yet, But after watching an LP of FTL I picked it up yesterday afternoon and played for about 10 hours straight till 4 A.M.

Congratulations on making one of the most addicting and fun games i've played in a while, devs. Probably one of the better 9 dollars i've spent in a long time.
Tysonclyde

Re: Congrats on a great game.

Postby Tysonclyde » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:53 pm

I fucking love this game. YES CONGRATS. This is gonna be modded so hard.
internetlad

Postby internetlad » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm hoping they expand upon the base game. I've already found myself running across the same ~10 scenarios (crazy man stranded on planet, zoltan religious crazies, jettisoned pod in mantis territory, and the "we're being attacked by giant spiders" one pops up every 30 seconds it seems, and it's never worth it for the 10 scrap you'd get vs losing a crew member or worse.)

This is one game where i'm actually WANTING DLC. Anybody else think it feels like we got an 8 dollar teaser of the full game?

I'm not saying there's a lot of content in it, I still have a lot of ships to unlock and I have to beat the game, but more random events would greatly add to the variety of my space travels.
icepick

Postby icepick » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:03 pm

More variety would be nice, but I don't feel that I'm not getting what I paid for or that it's not the full game.

But I am almost certain we'll see more content in a few months or so.
internetlad

Postby internetlad » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Here's to hoping. I'd personally love to see a good/evil scale, possibly a 4 sided chaotic evil<->Lawful good character ranker. Take a bribe from a pirate? You're evil. Accept surrender from a ship? Gain a good point.

Then have later characters respond depending on what you've done. You accepted the surrender of 3+ rock ships? Maybe they'll stop attacking you on sight for no reason, or even reward you for showing them that their xenophobia is wrong.

Just ideas.
Eyjio

Postby Eyjio » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:27 pm

Yeah, I found myself watching loads of lets plays of this game before buying it. I haven't regretted it yet, it's just so much fun and easy to pick up or put down if you need to. All I really want is more. Just... more game, some other mode. It's a great system for battling, it'd be a shame if it's only ever restricted to the one mode. I'm sure if the devs don't add open exploration, modders will.
Moosicorn

Postby Moosicorn » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:33 pm

No shame on you developers you made me take up 16 hours of my time and spend it playing this game. TOO ADDICTING