Stealth Ship B augment idea

General discussion about the game.
SnoWidget

Stealth Ship B augment idea

Postby SnoWidget » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:30 pm

Most recently I've been playing this ship a ton, and I really think SS b is way too luck based.

Sometimes the enemies will never shoot your weapons will other times they constantly hit it, 20% evade also makes it really hard to attempt to dodge unlike the other stealth ship.

Overall I think there should be an augment such as this

Titanium Shield
Upon being charged, the shield will negate system damaged of targeted room, for 3(?) seconds.

Pretty much put it, with this, the SS-B can at least avoid being entirely shut down by one volley by an enemy ship, sure the stealth generator gives you about 15-20(?) seconds of charge time but that still gives the enemy that "luck" factor of hitting your weapons and then pretty much screwing up everything.
Elhazzared

Re: Stealth Ship B augment idea

Postby Elhazzared » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:14 am

I kinda prefer the stealth B to the stealth A, but I don't like any of the stealth. Stealth is for me much less reliable than shields and getting shields early on is a pain in the ass... especially cause you need to upgrade the ship... I'd rather both ships start with shields but upgrading shields on it being a bit more expensive than on other ships... Again it's just personal preference.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."

For my Let's play series of FTL please follow the Link
itg

Re: Stealth Ship B augment idea

Postby itg » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:54 am

Stealth B is almost certainly designed to be challenging to play, but you can do okay if you play it exactly right. Once you get level 3 cloak, just cloak at the start of the battle and your glaive beam should fire before the enemy's weapons. Beam/anti-ship drones are a pain--you pretty much have to eat a bunch of hits and cloak just before the drone goes for your weapons or cloak. Same basic thing for ships with Zoltan shields, although you might prefer to run away.

Also, when given the option whether to fight or not, don't just take the fight automatically. Avoid Zoltans because of the shields, and avoid Rebel Riggers since they always have drones, and they might be attack drones. Avoid Auto-Assaults, too, since they sometimes have attack drones, too.