Do you quit?

General discussion about the game.
5thHorseman

Re: Do you quit?

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:52 pm

obliviondoll wrote:
The Captain wrote:
Elhazzared wrote:... quite frankly it isn't just the RNG which is ridiculous, it's that the developers haven't bothered to actually do anything about making this cruiser obtainable in a less RNG way...

Actually, they did - they put a quest beacon in the Rock Homeworlds sector.

Finding the Rock Homeworlds after finding an unmarked Zoltan research facility among the other stars in the Zoltan sector* you found after that Engi sector** you found and within it found the stasis pod and didn't get the hull damage instead is dependent on the RNG.

There, I fixed that for you, and even left off the "which you probably didn't even take anyway because it's so unlikely that you'd get the rest, the weapon was a far more attractive choice."

Though this point will soonTM be moot. The ships are getting easier unlocks in Advanced Edition.

*Supposedly these are also in Engi sectors but I don't remember ever seeing one there.
**Supposedly you can also find these in Pirate or Rock sectors too but I don't remember ever seeing it there.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Elhazzared

Postby Elhazzared » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:19 pm

Will we really? I mean the votes were a disaster towards the ship unlockabillity however they might still put it in anyway. I did noticed however that the drawing they put there didn't include either the crystal cruiser nor the new lanius cruiser. It also remains to be seen if those will also follow the new unlock mode should it be implemented.

That said. We can but hope!
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."

For my Let's play series of FTL please follow the Link
zeek

Postby zeek » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:44 pm

I only quit when the situation is unwinnable. For instance if I massively mess up and have my boarders on a ship that jumps away in the Mantis B and all I have left is like an engi pilot on a ship with no weapons. That's just not going to go anywhere. So, then I'll quit. If I have a chance of pulling a come back I'll keep at it. I've turned runs around plenty of times. So, it's worth a shot.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:14 pm

5thHorseman wrote:**Supposedly you can also find these in Pirate or Rock sectors too but I don't remember ever seeing it there.

Amusingly, I just did a LP with the Shivan (Coming up in a week or 2 in the feed) where I find the stasis pod in a pirate sector. So I guess it is there :D It was sector 2 and guess what? Sector 3 was a Zoltan sector. I won't spoil anything by telling you how horrible it was that... I mean... Never mind.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Dirka

Postby Dirka » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:01 pm

Rarely. I've done my fair share of dedicated runs for the secret cruiser, which were often aborted after the 1st sector. I've stopped doing that, since it sucked all the fun out of the game. Since then I just enjoy the little FTL moments, of which crushing defeats and narrow escapes are an integral part. Yes, it's frustrating to lose your elite boarders to a freak accident (or sheer stupidity). But that's also one of the biggest draws FTL offers, I think: no take-backsies. On any other game, a costly screw-up is glossed over via instant re-load. In FTL, there is no going back, which gives situations like that much more weight. And going on is just so rewarding. Either you beat the odds for an absolutely elating victory, or you can at least say you gave a good accounting of yourself.

Then again, there are definitely situations where I go (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

;)
Gecimen

Postby Gecimen » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:27 pm

Elhazzared wrote:Will we really? I mean the votes were a disaster towards the ship unlockabillity however they might still put it in anyway. I did noticed however that the drawing they put there didn't include either the crystal cruiser nor the new lanius cruiser. It also remains to be seen if those will also follow the new unlock mode should it be implemented.

That said. We can but hope!

Some say the votes are borked and the positive votes are actually higher... I guess we will probably see that. But we're yet to see how lanius cruiser and C types will be unlocked.