Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

General discussion about the game.
Coverio

Re: Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

Postby Coverio » Mon May 23, 2016 7:22 am

Aphid wrote:Here's one hell of a moment for me that just occurred;

That's got to be less than 0,01% chance of that much bad luck in a row. Once is okay, but 3 times in a row? Really game.

Same thing here. It's not really that surprising for anyone who plays more than a normal person would. The % of you getting more bad lucks in a row really depends on how much you spend time playing. Though even with this fact, I still, like you, get pissed and think, "why me?"
killerlu45

Postby killerlu45 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:25 am

[quote="GoldenShadowGS"]I don't think you can win that even if the hostile ship wasn't there.[/he could if upgraded is medbay by one lvl]
DeadSand

Postby DeadSand » Fri May 27, 2016 2:57 am

So I was using the Zoltan ship, on advanced edition, and was on a really good run. I had both a Glaive Beam and Chain Vulcan, and was tearing into every ship along my way. Along with that, I was well on my way of unlocking the Mystery Ship, only needing to go the the Rock Homeworlds in order to unlock it. Suddenly, I hit a ship outfitted with heavy-duty missiles, teleporters, and lasers, which tear through my Zoltan shield like paper, and destroys my Oxygen, Weapons, Shields, and Medbay, starting fires/breaches in all of them. Of course, I decide to jump away, but the next 2 beacons have ships with similar, if not worse, setups. After the final ship, all but 3 of 8 crew are dead, every system but my oxygen is destroyed. I also only have 2 or 3 hull points remaining. Luckily, the one crew member I need to unlock the Mystery Ship is still alive. So, I think I can still salvage some of this run, and I jump to the exit, hoping the next sector is a Rock Homeworld, which it, of course, is not. That was sector 7. So now I couldn't unlock the Mystery Ship.
Fuck you, FTL.
killerlu45

Postby killerlu45 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:25 am

Man I hate FTL after this. This is how it went I got the crystal crew member and got to the secret sector only to die to an auto scout 1 jump before completing the quest for the crystal ship!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:12 pm

More of a F* Me than a F* FTL.

So I had been attempting to get the Engi cruiser type B for a VERY LONG TIME. (I still hate the Engi B with a furious passion to this day.)
I was on a good run. I don't remember specifics, but I know it had to be going pretty good.
And finally, I reached the exit beacon of sector 7.
I was so happy when I jumped! I had been trying for hours and I had finally made it.
I made it to sector 8 and flew threw the text at the beginning. And then...
I realized the ship achievement didn't pop up.
I checked my pause menu to find..
AE content was disabled.

Can someone show me where to get a 3D model of the Engi B so I can throw it off the grand canyon?
(I have the Engi c, but that still really angers me.)
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:32 pm

Why would you disable AE content? :P
CygnusPrawn

Postby CygnusPrawn » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:06 am

Numerous fuck you moments. Too many to count. Worst was probably trying to get the Mantis cruiser. Finally had all necessary system upgrades (Advanced medbay, advanced sensors, ect.) plus a fire beam. every single inch of Kazaaak's ship was on fire. Just as the mantis crewmen were about to die, I noticed my medbay had gotten hit in the skirmish. Right before I finished repairing it ( I mean, RIGHT before) this pops up:

"It seems almost a waste for such a fierce foe to die in such an anticlimactic fashion. You shrug it off and take what you can."

My salt level content rose dramatically that day.
"Well, I don't know how many years on this earth I got left. I'm gonna get real weird with it."
Portaller

Postby Portaller » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:12 am

Most recently, I reached the Flagship with the Nesasio. The previous sector, I had bought either a Halberd or Pike Beam and replaced my Mini Beam with it. I also had Dual Lasers and a small Laser Charger. I had level four shields. The moment I teleported into the Flagship, they hacked my weapons, so I never got to charge up my beam. This led to a deadlock after I disabled all of the Flagship weapons. Teleported my crew into the hacking system to disable it, never worked. Teleported them into shields, got them killed. After I may or may not have hacked the save and set their ship on fire, they boarding droned me in the second stage, which I was unable to deal with. That broke my shields and my ship was destroyed.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong." - Terry Pratchett

Creator of the DeLorean.

1:241 Win/Loss ratio.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:27 pm

stylesrj wrote:Why would you disable AE content? :P

I thought it was on. It was a long time ago, so I don't remember.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
ozan4550

Postby ozan4550 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:10 pm

After grinding for a slug victory for 2 days, i had the perfect boarding ship of slug b layout. Dna bank, full hp teleport, cbay and 4 strong boarders. Had a full arsenal of systems upgraded to boot. At the last stand i jump in a rebel controlled beacon. Trying to dodge the asb, i jump away with 4 boarders onboard thinking they will be cloned. NOPE. Backup dna bank dont mean shite i guess. Didnt even try to fight the mothership. Just went to hangar. Fuk dat