Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

General discussion about the game.
CygnusPrawn

Re: Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

Postby CygnusPrawn » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:06 am

Numerous fuck you moments. Too many to count. Worst was probably trying to get the Mantis cruiser. Finally had all necessary system upgrades (Advanced medbay, advanced sensors, ect.) plus a fire beam. every single inch of Kazaaak's ship was on fire. Just as the mantis crewmen were about to die, I noticed my medbay had gotten hit in the skirmish. Right before I finished repairing it ( I mean, RIGHT before) this pops up:

"It seems almost a waste for such a fierce foe to die in such an anticlimactic fashion. You shrug it off and take what you can."

My salt level content rose dramatically that day.
"Well, I don't know how many years on this earth I got left. I'm gonna get real weird with it."
Portaller

Postby Portaller » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:12 am

Most recently, I reached the Flagship with the Nesasio. The previous sector, I had bought either a Halberd or Pike Beam and replaced my Mini Beam with it. I also had Dual Lasers and a small Laser Charger. I had level four shields. The moment I teleported into the Flagship, they hacked my weapons, so I never got to charge up my beam. This led to a deadlock after I disabled all of the Flagship weapons. Teleported my crew into the hacking system to disable it, never worked. Teleported them into shields, got them killed. After I may or may not have hacked the save and set their ship on fire, they boarding droned me in the second stage, which I was unable to deal with. That broke my shields and my ship was destroyed.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong." - Terry Pratchett

Creator of the DeLorean.

1:241 Win/Loss ratio.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:27 pm

stylesrj wrote:Why would you disable AE content? :P

I thought it was on. It was a long time ago, so I don't remember.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
ozan4550

Postby ozan4550 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:10 pm

After grinding for a slug victory for 2 days, i had the perfect boarding ship of slug b layout. Dna bank, full hp teleport, cbay and 4 strong boarders. Had a full arsenal of systems upgraded to boot. At the last stand i jump in a rebel controlled beacon. Trying to dodge the asb, i jump away with 4 boarders onboard thinking they will be cloned. NOPE. Backup dna bank dont mean shite i guess. Didnt even try to fight the mothership. Just went to hangar. Fuk dat
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:50 pm

ozan4550 wrote:After grinding for a slug victory for 2 days, i had the perfect boarding ship of slug b layout. Dna bank, full hp teleport, cbay and 4 strong boarders. Had a full arsenal of systems upgraded to boot. At the last stand i jump in a rebel controlled beacon. Trying to dodge the asb, i jump away with 4 boarders onboard thinking they will be cloned. NOPE. Backup dna bank dont mean shite i guess. Didnt even try to fight the mothership. Just went to hangar. Fuk dat

Why in the galaxy would you think the backup DNA bank would restore the lives of the crew onboard an enemy ship without confirmation of their fate? How do you know that the moment you jumped away, the Rebels captured your crew and have them moved to a POW camp or something to live out the rest of their lives?
You can't clone people who are already alive. It's against regulations.
batspaceman

Postby batspaceman » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:06 pm

I was trying to get the crystal ship (using the Rock C exploit) and the quest beacon was physically impossible to get to. It was the left most beacon, and by the time i got there, using the fastest possible route, the rebels were there.
Lily Adams

Postby Lily Adams » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:12 am

2 things;
1) a U shaped beacon map. of course, I went along the wrong way. fought through 11 elites before dying on the exit beacon.

2) Forgetting I have autofire/the artillery beam with boarders.... autofire toasted my two mantises just before section 8. All else I had was engis and zoltan.... I still won though!!!
UltraWesley123

Postby UltraWesley123 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:23 pm

Warning! Shields Critical
Warning! Hull Critical
Warning! Engines Critical
Warning! Intruders Detected

It happened to me. All at once!
Dirka

Postby Dirka » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Or as we call it here: Tuesday.
rony albert

Postby rony albert » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:00 pm

UltraWesley123 wrote:Warning! Shields Critical
Warning! Hull Critical
Warning! Engines Critical
Warning! Intruders Detected

It happened to me. All at once!

It always sounds messy...!
subchorionichemorrhagehealth care tips
Last edited by rony albert on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.