What might you want to see in the new update?

General discussion about the game.
videogameguy54

What might you want to see in the new update?

Postby videogameguy54 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:24 am

So, a new update is coming! :D Yes, I've seen the trailer, and the dev posts, but I've heard no mention of a "unlimited mode". This is something that I would personally love to see integrated in to the game, so I don't have to use mods. I know that they are already doing so much, but what else do you want to see in this, or maybe even a future update?

P.S. I especially love the new music. I didn't hear that much in the trailer, but it still sounded amazing!
LastDay

Re: What might you want to see in the new update?

Postby LastDay » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:51 pm

The hacking systems sound interesting, but I'm worried it'll just be a fancy version of ION.

As an example I'd like to see hacking the door system allow you to control the enemy's doors for a while!
That'd lead to all kinds of funny stuff, like locking all the doors to their weapons room and sending a boarding crew in there, or using fire weapons and opening all their doors!

Or hacking Oxygen and setting it on some sort of reverse mode where it sucks Oxygen away from the system...
Um, if that even makes any sense.

Or maybe even hacking into weapons systems and using their own bombs against them.
Hacking Drone systems could be funny as well, especially on Anti-Personnel drones...

I'd also like to see them tweak some of the existing systems to balance them a bit better.
Not everything needs to be equal, but some things like missiles and tier 3 weapons tend to be pretty meh for their costs.
wolfboyft

Postby wolfboyft » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:08 pm

Replacement for teleportation! Replaecement for teleportation!

(Alright, calm down everyone who has heard me say this before!)
wolfboyft

Postby wolfboyft » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Usage of the sub-movement that shuttles use. You know, getting around the smaller scale, not hyperspace jumping.

I'd hate to see it use fuel. That would suck. After all, the galaxy has already discovered infinite energy generators, so we've probably got electric-using thrusters for that. Not cheaty at all in my mind.

There should be something to launch a shuttle to nearby planets and moons, land, control the crew like in a ship, and use something to locate your off-screen crew. Arrow keys to move screen? Also, FTL fuelling stations would exist here too. Takes away the point of being stranded, but worth it.

:)
spacecadet13

Postby spacecadet13 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:17 am

Its been mentioned elsewhere by others, but the most important thing for me personally would be some kind of random/variable factor to the boss stages. Like 6 (or more!) different configurations, and you never know which 3 you'll get, or what order you'll get them in. Something that make the player think and strategize, rather than the repetitive and somewhat tedious board missles, then ions, then beam, take out medbay...etc etc method.

Not that I'm complaining, I'm sure I'll be sat in front of my PC for days on end, happily lapping up whatever new content is served up. Well, actually, ONE complaint...why is it free? Take my money you fools!
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:35 am

spacecadet13 wrote:Take my money you fools!

I read this in O'malley voice.
Dragon

Postby Dragon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:19 pm

I have some ideas what i will see in the next update or in an later one
##I have correct some mistakes in the text thanks agigabyte##

**Sektors**
//Pulsar
-Disable and enable sensors periodically
-Halved the shields
//Ion mine field
-Same as Asteriod field but with ion mines make only ion damage

**Ships**
-Type C ships eventually
-a twos site or more for mod ships without replacing the vanilla one

**Game mode**
-Infinit universe(with rebel fleet)
-Infinit universe(without rebel fleet)
-Hard gamemode(gamemode after easy an normal)

**Augmentations**
//Emergency Jmup
-You can jump without any cooldown from the jump drive but it damaged most of the ship systems
Last edited by Dragon on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Dragon wrote:I have some ideas what i will see in the next update or in an later one

**Sectors**
//Pular
-Disable and enable sensors periodically
-Halved shields
//Ion mine field
-Same as Asteroid field but with ion mines make only ion damage

**Ships**
-Type C ships eventually
-a twos site or more for mod ships without replacing the vanilla one

**Game mode**
-Normal
-Infinite universe
-Hard gamemode

**Augmentations**
//Emergency Jump
-You can jump without any cooldown from the jump drive but it damaged most of the ship systems

Fixed spelling, i feel like english is not your first language. (If there is a red line under the word, right click and find what looks like the right spelling.)

Second of all, the emergency jump should start fires, damage hull, and damage systems, because damaging only systems feels OP.
killerxlight

Postby killerxlight » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:20 am

Something i would love to see is where you do not have to go to menu and click save and quit but when you exit the game it auto saves or where every move you make it auto saves because i like to record and i had a great run where i could have got 3 burst laser mark2 but i could only get 2 and then i finished the recording and i could not remember the name of the ship so i got on and looked ( what i called my ship) and i forgot to save and quit so right as i clicked X i was like "OH S****" and when i got back on FTL i was gone and i was so pissed i almost broke my mouse.

summary if you put a auto save where it even just saves at the end of a fight or after jumps where it still erases the old one people can go back and redo but you also cant F*** up and forget to save
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:14 am

I want to have multiple saves.

I do not mean to trick death and load back, I mean have 1 playthrough with the zoltan cruiser here and have my play through with a mantis cruiser there. Because sometimes when I want to test a mod ship I made out I need to remove my last save and that sometimes makes me a bit upset.

Besides my earlier statement of Ion Beams.
I want some ships, (only some) to have 'double rooms' which share there strength between the 2.

Eg if there 2 shield rooms and I take out one, instead of 4 shields up, the ship has 2. this can make boarding more tactical and a ship(s) less defenceless to an attack to a certain room. Just an idea. It can be interesting. the Rebel flagship already does something similar with the artilleries.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.