Just beat the boss on easy. It was easy. :P

General discussion about the game.
CloudKiller

Re: Just beat the boss on easy. It was easy. :P

Postby CloudKiller » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:33 am

Sigh.

Well, I thought I might get my first-ever boss victory. But I didn't know about the multiple stages of the ship. And so I'd already visited the repair depots before I fought even its first stage. And the first stage wasn't so bad, but the second stage got me down to 3 hull. And the repair depots were used up. So the third stage utterly destroyed me.

This game is so. Fucking. Frustrating.

All I want is to be able to fly around and explore a little and instead it's this stupid linear gameplay that intentionally tries to fuck you at every turn.
StahnAileron

Postby StahnAileron » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:45 pm

CloudKiller wrote:[...] All I want is to be able to fly around and explore a little [...]

While I love the basic gameplay, I share your sentiments. I kinda hope they'll implement a "Freeplay"/"Sandbox" or "Survival" mode where you're free to just wander around and explore until you die (i.e. get killed or run out of fuel).

The fact the game forces me forward no matter what I do is a big turn-off, IMHO. At the same time, I adore the gameplay outside of the game structure.
Jtotheosh

Postby Jtotheosh » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:35 pm

StahnAileron wrote:
CloudKiller wrote:While I love the basic gameplay, I share your sentiments. I kinda hope they'll implement a "Freeplay"/"Sandbox" or "Survival" mode where you're free to just wander around and explore until you die (i.e. get killed or run out of fuel).

The fact the game forces me forward no matter what I do is a big turn-off, IMHO. At the same time, I adore the gameplay outside of the game structure.

If that was implemented it would be awesome, make the game a lot better imo.
Durus

Postby Durus » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:03 am

Yah, my normal strategy for the boss is to use boarders or bombs to drop that multi missile launcher, then drop the ion and beam. ideally you take out the crew member in there so they never come back.
stage two same thing, generally i try to cloak when drones are out in force
stage three same thing, ion helps with the stuper shield, but any multi hit weapon will work out.
Sounds like you got pretty lucky with your final load out and finished well though.

If you can manage it in stage 1 wipe out all crew except the guy in laser room, then every other stage will be pretty easy.