How "save game" works here?

General discussion about the game.
keyzcz

How "save game" works here?

Postby keyzcz » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:21 pm

I can save game only if quit it is ok.Like diablo 2.However if die i have start new game?
Btw how long this game is?
azurereaver

Re: How "save game" works here?

Postby azurereaver » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:41 pm

Yes.

you can make a run through the game in around an hour, but since space bar pauses, you can take 3 hours or more depending on your play style.
keyzcz

Postby keyzcz » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:48 pm

:( I would like to see much longer game where i can play with some penalties after death.This have to by very boring,play again and again same sector :(
darthkiwi

Postby darthkiwi » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:10 pm

The idea is, if you die, you die. The game isn't designed for long play-sessions with characters that you've grown fond of over days or weeks - it's designed for short bursts of space-battling fun followed, almost certainly, by a hideous death. I personally find it irresistible :P
Chronosv2

Postby Chronosv2 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:17 pm

keyzcz wrote::( I would like to see much longer game where i can play with some penalties after death.This have to by very boring,play again and again same sector :(

Sectors and event outcomes are randomized. You never play the exact same game twice.
Death is permanent, but I like to believe you learn something from most deaths that you can use in future playthroughs.
thenightgaunt

Postby thenightgaunt » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:49 pm

Chronosv2 wrote:
keyzcz wrote::( I would like to see much longer game where i can play with some penalties after death.This have to by very boring,play again and again same sector :(

Sectors and event outcomes are randomized. You never play the exact same game twice.
Death is permanent, but I like to believe you learn something from most deaths that you can use in future playthroughs.

Yes. Like "never even get close to giant space spiders". A rule to live by that one. ^_^
RoyGordon

Postby RoyGordon » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Well, although I've lost a crewman twice so far to the Spiders, on the third time I had that encounter I had a message come up that my crew helped beat off the spiders and got a reward. I think it all depends how many crew you have (I had five crew when I beat off the spiders, I only had three crew when I was defeated by them).
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:16 pm

RoyGordon wrote:Well, although I've lost a crewman twice so far to the Spiders, on the third time I had that encounter I had a message come up that my crew helped beat off the spiders and got a reward. I think it all depends how many crew you have (I had five crew when I beat off the spiders, I only had three crew when I was defeated by them).

No, it's random.
Dahn

Postby Dahn » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Only time I've not lost anyone to those damn spiders is when I've had the Anti-Bio Beam Weapon. Unless I have that now I just run away from the spiders! LOL