FTL Giveaway! Join my stream tomorrow at 7:30 PM CST!

General discussion about the game.
Darthcaboose

FTL Giveaway! Join my stream tomorrow at 7:30 PM CST!

Postby Darthcaboose » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:34 am

Hello everyone,

To celebrate FTL's release, I will be giving away two copies of FTL tomorrow (Friday 14th) when I stream at 7:30 PM CST. Join in my stream at that time, grab a beer or two and settle in for some fun runs!

http://www.twitch.tv/darthcaboose

Some "rules" and recommendations:
1. You need to be on the stream to have a chance at winning. Active user participation is required!

2. Don't expect the drawings to happen at the very start. Why? Because I can! Yay!

3. Please don't participate in the drawing if you already have a copy. My intent is to spread the fun with FTL to two lucky recipients who have not been able to! That said, feel free to join in the stream. If anything you can yell at me to stop using all my missiles up...

4. However, if you do already own FTL, and have a friend who does not have FTL, then be sure to invite him in! Send me a PM here or through my Reddit mail (username: Darthcaboose), and let me know the name of your friend to increase the chances of him winning! If both you and your friend join the stream, I'll apply a bonus to your friend for the drawing! (WTF, U CAN DO THAT? Of course I can! After all, sharing is communism... I mean, caring!)

5. The two copies will most likely be Steam gifts. I will check on the FTL site if purchases from there can be gifted and/or transferred or provided as a Steam copy, and if so will buy from there. Sorry GOG users! Steam DRM arguments be damned, I love the platform too much!

6. Please keep your arms, legs, lungs, claws, lasers, drones within the ship at all times. Smoking is not allowed on this flight at any time, unless there's a fire in the Oxygen system. In which case, you better hope the Doors aren't out.

7. The Teleporter zone is for the loading and unloading of Mantis only
8. I reserve the right to have real life events prevent me from doing such a stream at the time (probability of such happening: somewhat low).

9. I reserve the right to have non-real life events prevent me from doing such a stream at the time (probability of such happening: practically zero).

10. I reserve the right to spend the entire stream training my Engi crewmembers into master brawlers. I also reserve the right to train Mantis crew members into the finest engineers this side of the Federation.

11. There is no eleven.
Justin
Site Admin

Re: FTL Giveaway! Join my stream tomorrow at 7:30 PM CST!

Postby Justin » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:03 pm

I can give you a few keys for this btw. You were our first livestreamer (that we know of). :)
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
icepick

Postby icepick » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:26 pm

You guys are unfailingly awesome. :)

I will be tuning in, hopefully, but not for the giveaway.
curithwin

Postby curithwin » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:00 pm

Bother. I would love to stop over and watch live, but it's 1:30am for me and I'm up at 6am. :(
Bob the Engi

Postby Bob the Engi » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Great! I'll try to tune in, and see if I can save mysef the $10. Because I'm totally not cheap :D
Darthcaboose

Postby Darthcaboose » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Justin wrote:I can give you a few keys for this btw. You were our first livestreamer (that we know of). :)

Awesome!

That said, I'd like to give the non-Western Hemisphere folk a better chance. Perhaps I can do a stream in the morning (my time, that'd probably be a better time for others) as well and give out some keys too!
Zorder

Postby Zorder » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:05 pm

I'm from Europe and I'm not very good at Time Zones... So when will it be live in European time?
Darthcaboose

Postby Darthcaboose » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Zorder wrote:I'm from Europe and I'm not very good at Time Zones... So when will it be live in European time?

A Google search might be able to answer your question.

That said, I don't know what time zone you are in (considering Europe goes through 4 time zones). CST = UTC - 6 hours