Introduction and newb question

General discussion about the game.
Awaras

Introduction and newb question

Postby Awaras » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:06 am

Hi all, just got to play the game this Monday as a 10$ backer and I am hooked! Best 10$ I ever spent.
I can't thank the devs enough for making such an awesome little game!

I managed to finish the game yesterday (with more luck than skill) and now I am working on unlocking new ships. The replayability seems very high.

I am sure this has been discussed to death during the alpha, but I searched the forum and could not find anything:

Why are we not able to sell fuel/missiles/drone parts in stores?

I have not played around much with drones (Although yesterday i figured out that you can take out enemy attack/defence drones with well timed or lucky shots of your main weapons) and always have a lot of drone parts collected along the way.

Sometimes you just need another 5-6 scrap for that crucial upgrade you just ran into at the store, and I feel that the ability to sell your surplus fuel, missiles or drone parts, even for just 1 scrap per unit could come in handy some times...
censor

Re: Introduction and newb question

Postby censor » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:26 pm

You can sell your missile, drone parts and fuel surplus in some nodes.

Luck is an important part of the game. It encourages decisions: must I save scrap or just buy the first interesting item I can get?
You can like or dislike it; but I belive it is a good decision.
Awaras

Postby Awaras » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:08 pm

Well, maybe I am not using the full potential of my ship. I really should look into drones. It's just that I haven't been using them so I would end up with 20-30 drone parts but 0 missiles...
censor

Postby censor » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:05 pm

Drones are outstanding. Defense drone is a must to finish the game (not always, but it makes the task much more easier) If you equip your ship with 1 defense mk1 drone, and 2 attack drones (mk1 and mk2), you have a powerhorse. Just activate them, shoot with your weapons against enemy shield, and win the fight unscratched.

Believe me when I say that the Torus is the best ship in the game because it can have 3 drones (I have not seen the misterious cruiser yet).
azurereaver

Postby azurereaver » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:14 pm

I agree it would be nice to be able to sell back fuel/missiles/drone parts at the store; as the replies said some random encounters allow you to sell them but that doesn't help you if you are standing at the store. Scrapping them for 1 scrap each seems fair enough.

I've always found with a missile based approach I can never get enough missiles, and with a drone based approach I can never get enough drones.

Beating the game is easiest with lots of both. ;)