Getting Secret Ship not Fun

General discussion about the game.
Spleenling

Getting Secret Ship not Fun

Postby Spleenling » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:23 am

It require getting Lucky 3 time in a row with only one ship able to unlock it is making the game not fun but frustrating
After maybe 20 runs i still can't get it.

its supposed to be hard to get but But not luck based hardness because that's fake difficulty
curithwin

Re: Getting Secret Ship not Fun

Postby curithwin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:09 am

I got the alien and the next step, but could not find the zone you needed to get to for the vessel (I left out the steps in-case someone doesn't want it spoilt). But I thought it was good and fun. It'll be more fun to try for the vessel and things that are hard give you more satisfaction when you get it.

In a random game you will always have to rely upon luck to some degree. If they have the alien in one area they WILL put in the other areas, so they WILL be out there, you just need to try and find it. The real world works a lot on luck... if you do the lottery or walking down the street to see some money at your feet. Finding that book you've always wanted. Luck.
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:23 am

Part of the not fun i admit is that i got the Alien got to the right sector even and couldn't get the right event
Since then i have gotten the alien in sector 6 and then had 7 the wrong one... Twice
Vesuvius

Postby Vesuvius » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:23 pm

You think that's frustrating? I haven't even been able to find the first event.. I hop into as many asteroid fields and nebulas as possible, and go to engi sectors too since someone claimed they'd had luck there. I use the Shivan, and upgrade sensors to lvl 2 in case I need to detect the dormant ship... still- no luck finding it! I've tried at LEAST 20 times since it was added. I've come across what I assume is the second step three times (Zoltan hibernation / sleep study), but no matter what I'm just not having that first even pop.

:(
curithwin

Postby curithwin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:33 pm

My first event was in dead space... no asteroids or nebula at all.
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:46 am

I am really starting to RAGE with this ship.
Twice i have gotten toe the Rock homeworld with the crystal crew member (2 times in 18 hours of playing) and both times i didn't get the event
OrangeBottle

Postby OrangeBottle » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:59 pm

I have found and awakened the crystal guy, only to get exploded. You think YOU'RE angry? :P
icepick

Postby icepick » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:32 pm

Spleenling wrote:It require getting Lucky 3 time in a row with only one ship able to unlock it is making the game not fun but frustrating

its supposed to be hard to get but But not luck based hardness because that's fake difficulty

This is a game with a lot of random elements. It MAY be fake difficulty, but it's also a novel approach to rarity. What is your alternative?

I think it's fine. :p
zabbo2

Postby zabbo2 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:40 pm

It's weird I seem to get the pod a lot. I even had it in two games in a row. But I haven't been able to find the sector in the Rock Homeworld yet. It's too bad as that would have only been my 3rd ship I unlocked if I got the secret ship.

But I'm alright with the difficulty of it. This one is the secret race so it should be one of the luckiest / hardest ones to unlock. I think the secret to not being frusturated by it is to not even think about trying to unlock it, because the odds are so small, but instead to just try to take advantage of the situation if it does come up.
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:39 am

icepick wrote:
Spleenling wrote:It require getting Lucky 3 time in a row with only one ship able to unlock it is making the game not fun but frustrating

This is a game with a lot of random elements. It MAY be fake difficulty, but it's also a novel approach to rarity. What is your alternative?

I think it's fine. :p

Have as it is but the you can jump to the secret sector at the sector map from the rock home world