Re: Android Port

Postby LostAlone » Sun May 25, 2014 5:44 pm

+1.

Would love to see FTL on my tablet.
BareFinn

Postby BareFinn » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Shut up and take my money! :D

I will buy this game if it comes to Android. I have to add that it would be nice to get it on both Android phones as well as tablets. I get it with the tiny iPhone, but Android phones are generally much bigger than iPhone. Just put a warning in the buy-description that it works best with a big screen.

This is the only reason I registered... ;)
Usul

Postby Usul » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:23 am

Just saying, I would still definetly buy it (again) for Android...
Char;y

Postby Char;y » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:01 pm

Crap, has this not been made yet?

I have bought it on my PC, and my sons Ipad, but I really want to play it on my Samsung tablet.

I am willing to pay for it three times, as to be fair, the cost per hour spent playing still works out better than most games (FM aside).

Also (as a side note), a sequel would be awesome. You could do pretty much anything with the game mechanics... Make it an Elite style open universe where, with perhaps more emphasis on the RPG side (for some reason with game reminds me of the old Megatraveller computer games). I think the point is the ship combat game is so awesome that you could literally put it in most other genres to expand the premise. Obviously that's pretty ambitious for what is essentially a roguelike, but I had to wait 30+ years for a game like FTL to finally arrive, I can be a little patient. It would be a massive waste of a great idea if this was not expanded upon.
gwertheim

Postby gwertheim » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:52 am

Clearly there is demand and people are chomping at the bit for the android version.

Registered because I would buy the android version in a second
witiko

Postby witiko » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:15 pm

Just chiming in to voice my support for the cause. It is a pity that the linux version only contains x86 and amd64 binaries and not an arm6 binary, which would make it possible to play at least the desktop version of the game on Android without the need for virtualization. As an added bonus, one could then play FTL on raspberry pi as well.
joshg253

Postby joshg253 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:17 pm

Also joined just to say I'd re-buy the Android version in an instant.

My ZenPhone2 does have an Intel Atom x64 proc, hmmm...
BringFTLtoAndroid

Postby BringFTLtoAndroid » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:15 pm

I just made this account to show my support for an Android port of this game. I would be willing to pay more for an android phone version than I paid for the PC version.
Bakefield

Postby Bakefield » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:52 am

Made the account to let you know I would also re buy this game if it were to come to android. And as another user stated I'd definitely like to be able to get it on my phone rather than a tablet. My phone has a huge screen.
BeowolfSchaefer

Postby BeowolfSchaefer » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:32 pm

Honestly at this point I wish that Subset Games would just open source the game so that someone else could make a port. I get that this game is behind them now and the difference it would make in income for them would have to be incredibly minimal. Hopefully they'll come to that decision at some point (though I'm getting to the point where I just might buy an old model iPad just to play FTL which is friggin weird).