Hidden race *bigtime spoilers*

General discussion about the game.
Bushman

Hidden race *bigtime spoilers*

Postby Bushman » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:39 am

So I just bumped into a hidden race! I think I found a crystal encrusted ship in a nebula. I had the option of recovering a stasis pod or a weapon. I chose the pod and got an augment called status pod. It did nothing for me, but its description said that maybe someone could figure out how to use it. Later in a zoltan sector they did just that, and out pops a crystal alien!

He's got a special power called lockdown that looks like it surrounds a room with crystals. It blocks movement to and from the room. I used it to block kill some mantis at the next stop by venting them into space :D

He's asks to be taken to a rock sector but nothing special happened in the two rock sectors i passed through. Maybe it needed to be a rock homeworld.
Spleenling

Re: Hidden race *bigtime spoilers*

Postby Spleenling » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:57 am

Interesting It would be neat if all races had a special power like that
evil713

Postby evil713 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:02 am

i kinda what to know what the weapon would of been
TenLetters

Postby TenLetters » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:11 am

I found this event twice in one game. The first time I chose the pod (since I think it'll be part of the new ship), but the second I took the weapon/scrap (to make sure). The weapon isn't unique, but it might have a chance to be. I got a Burst Laser Mark III (4 energy, 5 lasers), which was funny since I just previously bought one.
TenLetters

Postby TenLetters » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:32 am

His exact wording is:

"Greetings. I appear to be in your debt. My people isolated themselves a long time ago, but perhaps it's time to re-establish a connection. There's a hidden wormhole near the Rock homeworlds. Perhaps you can take me there so I can properly replay you?"

So you need to:

1) Get the event and take the stasis pod. The event has options, but I don't recall exactly what. I do know that by using a rock ship you can take a blue option and automatically get to this point.
2) Get to a Zoltan sector (does not need to be homeworld) to open the pod.
3) Go to rock homeworlds.

Sadly, I woke mine up in sector 7, so you need to get really pretty lucky for this to work. Rock Homeworlds are Red sectors, Zoltan sectors are Green sectors, and as far as I can tell (could be wrong), the first event can happen anywhere.
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:24 pm

This one is a pain in the A*** (Proper Spelling of the Word)
SrsBzns

Postby SrsBzns » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:52 am

Spleenling wrote:This one is a pain in the A*** (Proper Spelling of the Word)

well it is the final super secret ship of doom (maybe :lol: )
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:12 am

Has anyone even unlocked it?
Sardonic

Postby Sardonic » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:35 am

Spoilers, obviously:
I just did, after ~21 hours of attempts. (immediately restarted game if the sector map did not display a green->green->red route). Got very lucky and hit engy->zoltan->rock homeworlds in quick succession on the winning attempt.

I can confirm that you get it by:

1. Getting the stasis pod in an engy sector (homeworld or plain) (fairly rare event)

2. Getting it opened in a zoltan sector (homeworld or plain) ('research testing' event, pod gives blue option, fairly common)

3. Getting to the rock homeworlds, and finding the crystal entrance encounter (not sure, could be fairly rare)

This is the layout: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59697 ... 11F82428D/

The crystal weapons fire ridiculously slowly (a bit too slowly if you ask me, glaive beam feels faster), but they have a piercing effect.
Lambchops

Postby Lambchops » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Hah, love the name of that ship, suitably geeky!