Multiplayer Ideas

General discussion about the game.
fat_cyborg

Multiplayer Ideas

Postby fat_cyborg » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:29 am

I want to play this game with friends.

I think a neat Co-op mode where you get two ships that have to jump together would be cool. Maybe the ships are tied together somehow. Maybe one is dragging the other one along because it doens't have it's own FTL drive. Maybe you're dragging your friend's ship that has the information for the Federation.

Your friend would still be in control of their own ship and crew, but enemy ships you find would be a little harder to fight than one player mode.

Maybe you could make it so you can trade with your friend when not in combat. Before getting teleporters you could have some sort of docking system. I think it would be kind of cool during a fight to teleport on to your friend's ship to kill off enemies who were trying to kill your friend's crew.

I think it would be pretty sweet if you could both pick different ships in the begining. Maybe they would be smaller than the normal ships in the game limiting you to pick between having things like teleporters or stealth later on.

When it comes to Jumping you would both have a say in where you go. Maybe have one person put up the jump request and the other agree or change course. Same could go for decision making, but then again there could be all sorts of extra decisions like "Ok, I'll have my crew save them from the giant spiders. You watch our ships!" While one player controls his crew in an actual fight against some Giant spiders in some kind of base the other player defends both ships from some pirates or something. Maybe the second player could launch missles at the base at certain spots to wound/kill some spiders to help the first player while he guides his crew through.

When it comes to pausing make it so when one player hits pause it marks which player hit pause on the screen. If the second player hits pause too it should stay paused and mark that on the screen as well. It should not unpause until they both clear their pause marks.

Just some ideas.
Bafragor

Re: Multiplayer Ideas

Postby Bafragor » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:15 pm

There already is a multiplayer-thread: ;)

http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15054
fat_cyborg

Re: Multiplayer Ideas

Postby fat_cyborg » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:04 pm

Bafragor wrote:There already is a multiplayer-thread: ;)

http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15054

Then I will move these ideas there.