Zoltan Sheild Inconsistensies

General discussion about the game.
Ironarcher

Zoltan Sheild Inconsistensies

Postby Ironarcher » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:01 pm

According to the game, you cannot teleport through the Zoltan Sheild while it is still up, yet the there are events where somehow boarders magically teleport through the sheild. Shouldn't a perk of the all powerful Zoltan Sheild be less random boarding events like 4 mantis breaking down your ship? This would be a little overpowered, but the only way to get a zoltan sheild is to start with a Zoltan ship
UltraMantis

Re: Zoltan Sheild Inconsistensies

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Such events are supposed to be rare, but you occasionally get a string of boarders. It makes it a little more challenging yes, but keep in mind that once you figure out the Zoltan cruisers, you are flying arguably the strongest ships in the game (not counting secret ships). It's a threat created to keep you on your toes.

Randomly it can get out of hand... i collected 5 Rockmen boarding my ship (2 from previous event, 3 new) and another 2 boarders waiting to join the fray. Helluva fight that was. I died.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Agg Shell

Postby Agg Shell » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:12 pm

I agree w/ Ironarcher, those events shouldn't happen with the zoltan shield, as a perk. or we could have a reinforced shield upgrade that gives a 15% chance for 1 shield bubble to act like 2 every attack on it, and that makes it so zoltan shields stop all boarding events. or just let us have a teleporter upgrade that lets us teleport through the zoltan shields, but not back. because "cannot reach a teleport connection through a super shield"
Are you a mantis? Do you lack ships to fight and Zoltans to chew? Look no further! Come to your nearest mantis warcamp in the Zoltan Homeworlds or Zoltan controled sector and ask for a free brochure about how to farm the Zoltan! Results may very.
greetingsfromoslo

Postby greetingsfromoslo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:29 pm

To level the game, it could be possible to teleport through all shields, but there should be a risk of either the teleportation being partially or completely negated, adding some randomness to the behavior of the teleport. Zoltan shields should make it extra difficult, but not impossible to penetrate the shields with a (partially) successful teleportation.