General discussion about the game.
powerranger520

Re: What do you wish was in FTL?

Postby powerranger520 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:07 am

yes, i think "A self-destruct button for the Boarding Drone" is necessary
Agg Shell

Postby Agg Shell » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:01 pm

powerranger520 wrote:yes, i think "A self-destruct button for the Boarding Drone" is necessary

nooooo! it would be over powerrrrrd!
Are you a mantis? Do you lack ships to fight and Zoltans to chew? Look no further! Come to your nearest mantis warcamp in the Zoltan Homeworlds or Zoltan controled sector and ask for a free brochure about how to farm the Zoltan! Results may very.
bossfight1

Postby bossfight1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:48 pm

I always use the same crew for certain vessels; a male captain, a male shield/engine worker, and a female weapons handler. I wish the game could remember the names and species of starting crew members.
greetingsfromoslo

Postby greetingsfromoslo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:29 pm

Agg Shell wrote:
powerranger520 wrote:yes, i think "A self-destruct button for the Boarding Drone" is necessary

nooooo! it would be over powerrrrrd!

I see why they want this implemented, because with a drone heavy ship against an autoship, a boarding drone is stuck wherever it lands - it may even end up in an empty room! A possible workaround could be to use teleport remove the drone. Another solution could be to include a timer for a depowered boarding drone, but that would cause difficulties since it also means your boarding drone is doomed if your drone control is taken out. In any case there shouldn't be any collateral damage as the drone selfdestruct aboard the enemy ship.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:01 am

Matthew commented somewhere that a self-destruct option for the boarding drone is likely to be included in the next patch.

I don't really see what's OP about it, it's mostly to give the player a way to get rid of the drone if it lands in a useless locked room because you cannot fire another one until the first one is destroyed. Besides autoships, it can also get stuck in those Slug Interceptors that we all love, and in the flagships weapon bays. In those cases at least it will do something usefull.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Agg Shell

Postby Agg Shell » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:06 pm

i'd be OP because then you could send it, and once it creates a hull breach send another, and on and on, creating hull breaches everywhere :/
Are you a mantis? Do you lack ships to fight and Zoltans to chew? Look no further! Come to your nearest mantis warcamp in the Zoltan Homeworlds or Zoltan controled sector and ask for a free brochure about how to farm the Zoltan! Results may very.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:31 pm

Agg Shell wrote:i'd be OP because then you could send it, and once it creates a hull breach send another, and on and on, creating hull breaches everywhere :/

Each costs a drone part, and if you have those to burn, then go ahead and breach the hell out of someone that annoys you greatly... usually a Slug. :roll:

Drone recovery arm will not help btw, it only works for drones that are not destroyed. Hull Repair Drone and Boarding Drones are spent/destroyed with each use.
Todes_Schnitzel

Postby Todes_Schnitzel » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:50 pm

Ok before we drift off ...
I wish...
... enemy with the Artillery Beam!!!!
... a ship with 2 Weapon- AND 4 Drone-slots
... more Drones
MY ENGLISH IS TERRIBLYHELL YEAH!
This text is presented by Google translate , my english skill and german. :D
splette

Postby splette » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:09 pm

One thing I wish was in FTL was alternative end bosses.

What I really like about the FTL gameplay is how you have to adapt. You don't know what weapons you find or what crew but you have to work with what you got. That challenge increases the replay value a lot.
But the end boss is always exactly the same. Once you figured out how to beat it, it's boring, perfectly predictable. I wish there were either different ships or layouts of the final boss. Or there was some other sort of randomization to keep the final fight exciting.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:31 am

Todes_Schnitzel wrote: ... a ship with 2 Weapon- AND 4 Drone-slots

*cough* - ok, it breaks the UI when this combination is used and it's not an official ship (nor even finished for that matter) but it does require attack drones (or TIEs) to be effective.

The great thing i have found about having 4 drone slots, is that it's possible to have many drones handy even if you cant power them all. You cannot use a Hull Repair Drone if it's in your cargo hold, but you can if you have it in a drone slot but for most ships that is a waste of a slot. Also nice to have 3 attack drones and 1 defense, so you can power them on/off at your leisure.