Burst Laser vs Dual Laser

General discussion about the game.
Johnny(TM)

Burst Laser vs Dual Laser

Postby Johnny(TM) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:22 pm

It's kind of strange for me. Dual Laser is a 1 energy weapon with a cooldown of 10, and shoots 2 lasers that does 1 damage. Burst Laser I is exactly the same in effect, but the cooldown is 11 and the energy cost is 2. Why does it cost more in energy when it's slightly weaker than Dual Laser?
fylth

Re: Burst Laser vs Dual Laser

Postby fylth » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Dual laser is a unique weapon only available to one ship (I think, can't remember which though), so it's balanced specifically for that ship. If they were freely available from shops then I would say they needed balancing
Agg Shell

Postby Agg Shell » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:39 pm

the burst laser mk. 1 would be a betetr weapon if it only cost 1 power. but had maybe 14 second cooldown? also the ship w/ the dual laser is the stealth cruiser.
Are you a mantis? Do you lack ships to fight and Zoltans to chew? Look no further! Come to your nearest mantis warcamp in the Zoltan Homeworlds or Zoltan controled sector and ask for a free brochure about how to farm the Zoltan! Results may very.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:19 pm

Dual Lasers are not available in stores. A few ships start with this weapon. I remember Stealth A and one other, but can't remember which.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
EchoesofOld

Postby EchoesofOld » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:06 pm

I think The Nisos (Fed B) starts with the dual laser, but dont quote
The Rebel Flagship: The only ship to make the DemonStar look like a pansy.

Be ye wary of the ship with the demon airlock...
Satonakaja

Postby Satonakaja » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:08 am

Both Nesasio and Nisos start the game with the dual laser.
Teoes

Postby Teoes » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:20 am

Slug_A starts with it too, so that's 3 lucky ships that get it.
BlueTemplar

Postby BlueTemplar » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:58 am

Is it normal that in my game (1.5.10, Steam) both have the same graphics? Because it's somewhat confusing and the wiki has this picture :
Also, the "weak transport" joke... is that some reference I don't get?
Ghaleon

Postby Ghaleon » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:52 pm

Dual lazors are better than burst2, buffing something to be more towards its level will result in op.

And slugA is the only ship i knew had em (i knew several did but slug A was the only i could be certain about), go figure.
galaxy_fighter

Postby galaxy_fighter » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:13 am

EchoesofOld wrote:I think The Nisos (Fed B) starts with the dual laser, but dont quote

Yea this is correct. The ships that start with dual lazers are - Fed B (Nisos) Stealth A (The Gila Monster) Slug A () Engi C And I think mantis A too but i cant quite remember. The dual lazer seems op because it is. It is a better version of the burst lazer 1 in every way but it isn’t available in game. It starts on these ships so that it can balance them out. You dont want to give a ship like stealth A a 3 power weapon system from the get go, so u give it a dual. Its a good weapon to hold onto.