New way to play FTL, Lowest score possible.

General discussion about the game.
UltraMantis

Re: New way to play FTL, Lowest score possible.

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:29 am

LONCHIVAR wrote:My wacky manti Soupcan and Weezil managed to take down the flagship with harsh language and an ion bomb and had a score of 2327.

They deserve a medal for going all the way with hardly any engines at all. Damn that lvl2 engine was a shock to see. :D

Congratz on the achievement.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Klarth

Postby Klarth » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:33 am

Here's an attempt to to prove that the Carnelian is not only overpowered at getting high scores, but also low scores. Scored 2211 with a normal victory. It might be possible to score below 2k; I got several upgrades that I did not end up needing, so I did not need to get that extra scrap. Though I had the Ion Blast 1 and Anti-ship drone fall into my lap, which removed the need to put scrap into weapons.

http://imgur.com/a/bNkjf
LONCHIVAR

Postby LONCHIVAR » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:54 pm

I would think that the Crystal Ship with the 4 man teleporter and a cloak to start would just be an economical dream.

I think that ship could get under 2000 easy!

Until I lock it I will have to stick with those whacky bugmen Soupcan and Weezil in the Basalisk!

LONCHIVAR
LONCHIVAR

Postby LONCHIVAR » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:38 am

CAPTAINS LOG STARDATE 3-15-13

I think this log entry might be put in a few places in the histories of the struggles of the Federation against the overwhelming Rebel armadas.

I was doing a double duty today... trying to use two edges of the sword at once.

As always I am looking for the ever ellusive Crystal Ship... but my secondary objective today was also to achieve victory with the lowest score possible.

I found a few distress signals... not a single stasis pod however. My first mission was over before it started. The fates were kind enough to put the ROCK HOMEWORLDS in my path however.

But my secondary objective?

If only I would have had a ANTI SHIP DRONE instead of an ION BOMB.

My score would have been around 1300 points.

No regrets though... it was a memorable adventure and now I am begining to wonder if you can defeat the Flagships not just with a score of under 2000 points... but a score of under 1000 points.

That would be a game for the ages.

Seta goal, chart a course, and you will reach that desitnation.

And always look those giant spiders in the eye.

http://youtu.be/Xv2TxPLODfI

Good hunting out there Captains!