HINT: Name your ship after Demons!

General discussion about the game.
Tekidek

HINT: Name your ship after Demons!

Postby Tekidek » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:30 pm

Yeah, my highest highscore now is from a Red-Tail called Belial, just 10min ago:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8254 ... ryeasy.jpg

Also other succesful ships I had were named afters Demons too, like Izabael, Orobas and Seere. Creepy, but it works. :twisted:

Also, am I the only one who does not like boarding? I'll only really use it when I unlock a ship especific for this, like the Crystal Cruiser (I'm running after it yet).
Megas Domestikos

Re: HINT: Name your ship after Demons!

Postby Megas Domestikos » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Since he's the only demon I know, from here on all my ships shall be named Satan I, Satan II, Satan III and so on. :D
Space Roman
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:41 pm

This is the dumbest post i have ever made, but i feel compelled to make it anyway... here goes. Satan was an angel actually.
:roll:
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Todes_Schnitzel

Postby Todes_Schnitzel » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:39 pm

what do you mean with "demon" ,the christian meaning of demon or the "general" meaning of demon?

EDIT: P.S Satan(s) are some angel ,not only one.
MY ENGLISH IS TERRIBLYHELL YEAH!
This text is presented by Google translate , my english skill and german. :D
Tekidek

Postby Tekidek » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:48 pm

UltraMantis wrote:This is the dumbest post i have ever made, but i feel compelled to make it anyway... here goes. Satan was an angel actually.
:roll:

You are comparing Satan to Lucifer, they ain't the same thing, this came in the time of the catholic church.

Lucifer, the light-bearer, is a metaphore for the king of babylon whose fall was so great, it was poetically compared to the fall of an angel from the sky; it wasn't literal. This is on the Book of Isaiah.

And Satan is the 'adversary'. In Judaism, Satan is actually our evil inclination, his job is to throw sinful temptations at the humans (obviously, with God's permission). The purpose of those tests and temptations is to improve us; we should fight 'em off to receive God's grace.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these." Isaiah 45:7

Quoting from somewhere:

Although it is common to find Christians speaking of the universe as a place divided between good and evil forces (God and Satan respectively), this is not the picture of things in the Old Testament. As far as the writers of the Old Testament are concerned, everything that happened was an act of God. When bad things happened to people in the Old Testament, they did not blame a devil but assumed they had upset (or offended) God. When good things happened, it was believed to be because people had pleased/obeyed God. A good example of this can be seen in Deuteronomy 28:1-68, where blessings and curses are set out for obeying and disobeying God.

There's a good read about Satan:

http://www.thatreligiousstudieswebsite. ... istory.php

Follow the bottom link to Part II and III. :mrgreen:

Todes_Schnitzel wrote:what do you mean with "demon" ,the christian meaning of demon or the "general" meaning of demon?

EDIT: P.S Satan(s) are some angel ,not only one.

It doesn't matter. I use goetic entities. :mrgreen:
What do you mean about "some angel, not only one" ?

---

Now, let's prevent this topic from becoming a religious discussion.
So, do you guys name your ships? How do you name them?
Satonakaja

Postby Satonakaja » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:38 am

I hope I'm not the only person who can spend two minutes trying to figure out what to name their ship.

Though I usually end up naming Ship/Crew after characters from a certain video game involving a shrine maiden that shoots at various people causing SHENANIGANS.

One time I named my Kestrel crew after myself and a few friends. Died on sector 2.

EDIT: In the interest of actual DEMON NAMES, I have just finished as a Basilisk named "Andras." Which was less than lucky. Losing one of the starting mantis to a missile to the medbay after drone control is hit by a lot of lasers, an entire sector of inconveninent riggers with defense drones, medbay, and anti-personnel, and to top it all off, none of the four stores I managed to visit had any weapons. Though the game was nice enough to give me an automated reloader and an ion blast Mk I. . . in sector 6, shortly before I ended up next to a sun with only two points of hull.