[Squad] Solar Prominence

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
dqflynn

[Squad] Solar Prominence

Postby dqflynn » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:14 am

Heya.

Does the idea of having a theoretical 5 summons on the board sound appealing to you?
Do you want to have significant amounts of self-damage, in a squad that does not have any sort of healing built into it?
Have you ever wished that Grid was treated as a little more than a win/lose condition?
And finally, have you ever wanted to legitimately consider the possibility that a 1-move, 2-health mech could be overpowered?

If you answered "yes" to any of these, or if you didn't, come try the Solar Prominence.

In terms of art, the squad itself being was designed by Zerovirus and animated by me, and the weapon art was made by Metalocif. I asked
permission to borrow Zero's assets roughly seven months ago, and only now do I actually have a finished product to present. And so, without
further ado, presenting the mechs of the Solar Prominence:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOLAR MECH

Health: 3
Move: 3

The Solar Mech uses its weapon, the Daybreak, to make a 1-range attack that deals damage and pushes. The damage itself scales with your current Grid Power,
so think twice before you consider a building "acceptable losses." The Daybreak has a cheap upgrade that adds one damage but deals one to the Solar Mech, and a
more expensive option that only adds enemy damage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VORTEX MECH

Health: 2
Move: 4 (Flying)

The Vortex Mech is pretty straightforward. It's a more lightweight Cannon Mech that can be upgraded in similar paths to the Daybreak,
with one upgrade giving damage to the enemy and itself for cheap, and one just giving more damage to enemies.

NEBULA MECH

Health: 2
Move: 1 (Flying)

Finally, the Nebula Mech, the most fun to use and the most agonizing to code. The Nebula mech can fire out up to five Singularities that each have
2 Health/1 Move (Flying) at base, and can be upgraded to a total of 3 Health/2 Move (Flying). These Singularities attack by pulling in every unit up to
two spaces away in every cardinal direction, potentially dealing massive contact damage, but also clogging up the board and putting buildings
or your own mechs at risk.

The mod can be downloaded at this github link: https://github.com/dqflynn/ItB-SolarProminence

I do not promise perfect balance, but I do promise an enjoyable run. You have yourself a wonderful day, and thanks again to the members of the ItB discord
who helped me debug all of this. You are the wind beneath my wings.