This mod has not been updated for ITB 1.2. For bug free experience, use with ITB 1.1 - otherwise use at your own risk.
I want to update it eventually, but I cannot promise anything.
Have you ever wondered how difficult Into the Breach would be with a human player controlling the Vek?
Now you can find out! So invite a friend, and see who can get the furthest with the Mechs!
Hotseat enables local multiplayer between two players on the same computer.
The Mech Player selects missions, purchases equipment, and tries to complete the run.
The Vek Player spawns and controls the Vek during missions, and attempts to end the run for the Mech Player.
Vek Player Turn:
Select where to spawn your units - queue up your attacks
With a player in control of the Vek, the game difficulty increases by a lot.
In addition to Easy - Normal - Hard, you can toggle several options to give the Mechs a fighting chance.
This option increases power for every power objective by 2
Hotseat 0.3.1 - requires mod loader 2.3.5 or later to function.
Mod Loader - originally made by Cyberboy2000 and continued by kartoFlane.
1. Make sure Into the Breach is up to date.
2. Find your Into the Breach directory. If you are playing ITB under Steam, this directory can be found via Steam Library -> Right Click Into the Breach -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files.
3. Scroll down to Readme.md here, and follow the instructions there to install the mod loader.
4. Download this mod and place the 'Hotseat' folder into the 'mods' folder inside your ITB directory.
5. Run game - you're now good to go!
6: Click Mod Content -> Configure Mods -> Hotseat
7. Toggle mod on and off, and modify mod options with the button on the right.
Code: Select all
v0.3.1 - fixed a possible compatibility issue with other mods using the C utils dll.
v0.3.0 - moved spawn phase to after Vek movement - Units emerging from holes or acid should no longer be usable the turn they spawn.
added some more missing icons.
v0.2.6 - fixed 'getSurface' error introduced in v0.2.5
v0.2.5 - possible fix for issue reported by narD.
v0.2.4 - fixed a bug causing a crash the second time entering 'Test Mech'
improved enemy weapon preview code.
v0.2.3 - minor bugfix
hovering a Vek unit during the Mech Player's turn will now display 'Vek' instead of 'Not Attacking'
v0.2.2 - initial release