[Island] Into The Wild v1.1.6 (NOT updated for ITB 1.2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Lemonymous

[Island] Into The Wild v1.1.6 (NOT updated for ITB 1.2)

Postby Lemonymous » Wed May 08, 2019 11:45 pm

Warning:
This mod has not been updated for ITB 1.2. For bug free experience, use with ITB 1.1 - otherwise use at your own risk.

See here for an updated version of this mod.

Timelines are a funny thing. In the infinite expanse of possibility, there are branches in which things are... different. In some, this is as minor as slight variations in population. In others, the Vek attacked sooner, dropping the breachers into an already blighted world. In others, there is... Meridia.

Some quirk of geology or probability sees one island replaced by a verdant land of hostile beauty. An island in which the Vek take on new and unusual forms. An island in which all your training, all your instincts, must be reassessed. An island in which you must go...
    A modded mini-expansion by Djinn and Lemonymous.

Meridia is a brand new island, with brand new enemies, missions, and more! The island is green and lush, but the weather is harsh and unpredictable, the Vek strangely plant-like, and the missions tougher than ever. Luckily, you'll have help in the form of several powerful weapons - and once you've acclimatized yourself, even the weather can be turned against your foes!

Enemies:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Missions:
Meridia is a tumultuous land, but people live out their lives even so. In saving this land, the Commander might face Geysers, Volcanic Vents, Flash Floods, High Winds, and more. Protect Convoys of trucks, defend Greenhouses, Hotels, Geothermal Plants, and protect planes until they can take off!

Weapons:
Meridia is not a military organization, but a scientific one... but that doesn't mean their tools can't be turned to devastating use!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Achievements:
For the first time ever, gain brand new modded achievements! Eight new challenges must be faced, one of which - when completed - unlocks a secret.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Additionally, using the API created in this mod, achievements can be added to other mods as well!
To check on status of Achievements, check under Mod Content and select Achievements.

Into the Wild 1.1.5 - requires mod loader to function.
Mod Loader - originally made by Cyberboy2000 and continued by kartoFlane.

Installation
1. Make sure Into the Breach is up to date.
2. Find your Into the Breach directory. If you are playing ITB under Steam, this directory can be found via Steam Library -> Right Click Into the Breach -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files.

3. Scroll down to Readme.md here, and follow the instructions there to install the mod loader.
4. Download this mod; open 'ITB-Into-The-Wild-master' and place the 'IntoTheWild' folder found there into the 'mods' folder in your ITB directory. (you don't need the licence/readme/etc as a normal user)

5. Run game, open Mod Content.
6. Enter Arrange Islands and choose four islands to be active during gameplay. Note that in order for Jessica Kern to appear in the final mission RST has been locked in place.
7. Restart the game in order to apply your changes.

Special thanks to:
Rusted for helping by writing dialog.
Mezzelo for adding even more dialog.
kartoFlane for modApiExt.
The ITB discord for being awesome!

Known incompatibilities:
Due to how the island is added to the game, mods that add missions can be incompatible depending on how the missions are added.
One way to make mission packs compatible with this mod is to use the library corpMissions.lua (Documentation within) found in /scripts in this mod.

Code: Select all

v1.1.6 fixed an incompatibility issue with Rf1995. Updating either mod should prevent Snubnose cannon to halt the game.
v1.1.5 - fixed a possible compatibility issue with other mods using the C utils dll.
v1.1.4 - added crashed water sprite for planes in runway mission for compatibility with Hydro Leviathans by tosx.
         fixed two innocuous errors when loading into a mission.
v1.1.3 - fixed an issue reported by Gerbertronic. Thanks to them and Mafan fan on discord for helping me debug it.
         fixed an issue causing Reactor Core objective rewards to not show up on Meridia.
         fixed an issue causing error messages for missing pilot/ceo on profiles that had ITW enabled in the past.
v1.1.2- fixed an issue introduced in v1.1.1, causing Cactus Spines to be incorrectly previewed when moving a player unit.
v1.1.1 - fix for a crash related to VoicePopup
         additional compatibility for Hotseat mod.

v1.1.0 - modified, removed and added some maps.
         added dialog for Meridia specific events for vanilla pilots - Courtesy of Mezzelo.
         several misc changes and improvements.
         improved performance of achievement code.

v1.0.5 - fixed an issue which could crash the game between missions with mod loader 2.3.4.
         fixed an issue with mission FlashFlood, which could on rare occations stall the game.
         fixed an issue causing planes to sometimes not start their engines.
         fixed an issue which allowed Vek to spawn on Volcanic Vents and Geysers.
         changed some dialog and fixed some typos.
         changed some maps with difficult layout.
         updated achievement icons to island tileset.
         Meridia Recruit is now correctly worth only 1 reputation.
         added dialog events for several missions, which pilot mods can add dialog for.
         All dialogs trigger as an observation by a random pilot or ceo unless specified.

Dialog Events:
         Mission_lmn_Convoy_Destroyed - when a truck is destroyed.
         Mission_lmn_FlashFlood_Flood - when the first flood rushes across the board.
         Mission_lmn_Geyser_Launch_Mech - comment by pilot, moments after their Mech is launched.
         Mission_lmn_Geyser_Launch_Vek - moments after an enemy is launched.
         Mission_lmn_Volcanic_Vent_Erupt_Vek - when an enemy is hit by an eruption.
         Mission_lmn_Wind_Push - when the wind pushes everything on the board.
         Mission_lmn_Runway_Imminent - when a plane starts it's engine (before it queues it's takeoff attack)
         Mission_lmn_Runway_Crashed - when a plane crashes on the runway (does not trigger if killed by an attack)
         Mission_lmn_Runway_Takeoff - moments after a plane has taken off.
         Mission_lmn_Greenhouse_Destroyed - when the building is destroyed as the result of an attack.
         Mission_lmn_Geothermal_Plant_Destroyed - when the building is destroyed as the result of an attack.
         Mission_lmn_Hotel_Destroyed - when the building is destroyed as the result of an attack.
         Mission_lmn_Agroforest_Destroyed - when the building is destroyed as the result of an attack.

v1.0.4 - fixed minor visual issues and typos.
v1.0.3 - fixed an issue causing an incorrect number of objective buildings to spawn in certain missions.
v1.0.2 - fixed an error causing the game to crash when not having Meridia as one of the 4 selected islands.
v1.0.1 - fixed a Chomper issue.
v1.0.0 - release.

Old versions: v1.1.2
Last edited by Lemonymous on Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:58 pm, edited 21 times in total.
tosx

Re: [Island] Into The Wild v.1.0.1

Postby tosx » Thu May 09, 2019 1:12 am

Woah!

---

Just opened it up to take a peek, was wondering: Are you interested in typo reports?
- Island CEO intro: "Your #squadname is certainly impressive..." should that be phrased a little different? "are" impressive? Or no "your"?
- Lahar Field CEO text: "...Vek does not appear to avoid the vents..."
- Dewy Hills CEO text: "A start of the art, green facility...
- Mission end dead: "Our motion sensors indicate reduced Vek activity. Region decontaminted."
- Mission plants.lua: "Vek resembling plants has been sighted in this region."
- Mission bugs.lua: "Vek resembling bugs has been sighted in this region."

---

More types:
- Multishot popup dialogue: "...hit tiles behind it's target..." (should be its, not it's)
Last edited by tosx on Mon May 13, 2019 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
bamalf

Re: [Island] Into The Wild v.1.0.1

Postby bamalf » Thu May 09, 2019 11:00 am

It is impressive, definitely. This is a real Advanced Edition for ItB.
Image Image Image
Xenesis

Re: [Island] Into The Wild v1.0.4

Postby Xenesis » Sat May 11, 2019 2:21 pm

Wow, this is absolutely incredible work.

Time to boot up my modded install eh?
MoDDiB

Re: [Island] Into The Wild v1.1.0

Postby MoDDiB » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:55 pm

Amazing work !
Thank you !
MoDDiB

Postby MoDDiB » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:16 pm

@Lemonymous as a game developper I would be happy to talk with you : I'm looking for freelancer for my game.
Please PM me ( I can't PM for the moment :/ )
Nescio

Postby Nescio » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:42 pm

YES! This is exactly what this game needs. I got bored with repeating the same islands and missions. Now I can replay the game.
Thank you!
narD

Postby narD » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:43 am

nice mod, I had a lot of fun.
However, I think "the Secret Plants" Squad will need to be supplemented a little.
It felt like I was running three Prime Mechs, so it was very difficult.
If I had the mech that a brute or range weapon, it would have been better to play.

But if you're lucky, it's not impossible to do 30K.
video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HhII0qILgE

(+)
The first upgrade of the mushroom Mech's weapon seems to require some adjustment.
I think it would be better if it worked for the burning "tile" as well as the burning "target."

Thank you for creating a great mode. :)
Everglass

Re: [Island] Into The Wild v1.1.1

Postby Everglass » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:44 pm

I'm just going to go ahead and guess that you've had a very bad experience with a very hot chilly before.
tosx

Re: [Island] Into The Wild v1.1.1

Postby tosx » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:56 am

Two random comments/questions for you!

1. Have you thought about making the Flood Generator cost 3 cores, and/or about making it a specific class (probably Science)? I still haven't gotten to play ItW much (my failing), but from watching others' runs, the weapon seems...very powerful. Not only does it potentially kill 1-2 Vek outright, but all that water probably means another few easy kills later, plus it potentially cuts non-flying Vek off from a lot of buildings. I wasn't sure how much balance testing you've done, but I think I'd be a little sad to see this pop up in a run because it removes so much tension. (Another random thought would be having the waters recede after the turn?)

2. This one may be a kartoflane question, but did you discuss having the modloader's island select include a "random" option? Either a checkbox, or a "random" icon that could be dragged to the front of the line...I do hope to start including ItW in a lot of future runs, but I'm not looking forward to having to manually exclude 1 island each time. I would much rather be surprised. That would also fit the procedurally-generated feel of much of the game.