[Squad] Treeherders

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Das Keifer

[Squad] Treeherders

Postby Das Keifer » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:11 am

"One with the forests, these mechs harness nature's power to defend earth from the Vek onslaught"

Current Version: 0.9.0
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1yXB6TrNScNOcHkmaAVeAXnGAxXZzzOAI

isla

Re: [Squad] Treeherders

Postby isla » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:12 am

Super cool
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:07 am

I've done a run with this squad. It's really good. If you want to see it in action, here's Part 1. Part 2 is also up and Part 3 will be up tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcEKRgAPNYM
Robert Scythe

Postby Robert Scythe » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:21 am

Ok, so I tried these guys a couple of times and had some problems. Didn't make it out of the 1st level Volcano. Then I waited a bit and played them again completing a perfect 4 island hard victory! I think the most difficult occurence was figuring out the attack pattern of the tree launcher mech. I can never tell when it can fire the full length of the map and when it is forced to use the limited range or when it has the ability to target an offset tile. Do not see the rhyme or reason for the way this works. Have to check its attack pattern on every tile to get it to do what I want. I eventually, at the end of the 4th isle, replaced the Arbiformer's Violent Growth weapon for a push tank and an Attraction Pulse because I was using the modded pilot Binah in it and did not need the additional forest tiles. I had already moved their passive equipment to the Entborg and was creating up to 5 forests a turn and I did not miss the attack options. The Attraction Pulse actually helped big time twice in the Volcano isle. Everything was fully upgraded, even had the Force Amp and had a tight but well fought and earned victorious outcome after losing 4 grid on the first level. I really did enjoy the play with these mechs, well balanced and thought provoking. Good job, and thanks for the work you put in! Plus the sprites were top-notch, especially the Entborg.