The mod is still in sort of an alpha version, and it's missing polish. I'm releasing it mostly so that it's easily accessible for people interested in checking it out, and maybe providing some feedback on how to make the missions more fun.
At the moment, there are three new missions: Wildfire, Overdriver, and Slippery Ice.
Download link: [ Version 0.7.1 ]
This mod requires mod loader version 2.3.2 or higher.
For changes, check out changelog.txt in the mod's folder.
Suggestions and ideas are most welcome.
- Can only appear on Archive island (as well as Meridia from Into the Wild mod), and only as a high-threat mission to make it a little less common.
- Mission starts with a wall of fire appearing on the side of the map, similar to the Flooding mission.
- All fire tiles (including those spawned from Forest tiles and weapons) spread to adjacent tiles at the start of the next turn.
- The objective is to finish the mission with at most X buildings on fire (depends on difficulty)
- To help with fire management, the player is given control of two units: a Helicopter that can spawn smoke, preventing fire from spreading onto that tile, and a Firetruck that sprays water at two tiles in a straight line, extinguishing fires.
- From Hard difficulty onward, the fire can destroy Time Pods, if left unattended for a long period of time (2 turns on Hard; 1 turn on Very Hard; 0 turns on Impossible). On Normal and Easy, the Time Pod is never destroyed.
- On Impossible difficulty, buildings take 1 damage at the start of every turn, if they're on fire. This damage can be resisted by Grid Defense.
- This mission has 5 custom-made maps to make it a little more fair.
- Vek spawning rate is increased.
- Can appear on all islands.
- The player is given control of an Overdriver, that can recharge a friendly unit once per turn, allowing it to attack again. Only units that have already acted are counted as valid targets.
- If the unit fired its weapon without moving, it will be able to move when recharged by the Overdriver.
- The objective is to defend the Overdriver and prevent it from being destroyed.
- Vek spawning rate is increased, and the mission starts with one additional Vek on the board.
- Can only appear on Pinnacle island.
- Push effects send ground units sliding until they hit an obstacle.
- There are no custom objectives; this mission is mostly about having fun with the slippery ice mechanic.
Code: Select all
- Fixed a crash on Wildfire when failing the main objective (thanks Bepoest on Subset forums)
- Fixed misleading text in Firefighter Helicopter's weapon description - Smoke always removes Fire on the target.
- Added new sprites:
- New Wildfire and Slippery Ice environment icon
- New sprites for Firefighter Truck, Firefighter Helicopter, and Overdriver
- New animation when firing the Overdriver
- New weapon icon for Overdriver
- Thanks to Tosx for the sprites, and Mezzelo for idea for the Slippery Ice icon!
- Minor improvement to Slippery Ice preview when targeting pawns that would die before sliding could be applied.
- Fixed Wildfire causing a crash when it appeared on Meridia from Into the Wild mod.
- Fixed a crash when quitting to main menu while a unit was sliding in Slippery Ice mission.
- Fixed an issue with mission mechanics not working sometimes.
- Fixed collision preview for sliding units in Slippery Ice not working with buildings.
- Incorporated (ha) Lemonymous' Corp Missions library to ensure compatibility with Into the Wild and (hopefully) similar mods in the future.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the mod from loading
- Slippery Ice and Overdriver missions are now classified as low-threat, appear less frequently, and should no longer be able to show up twice on a single island
- Wildfire: destroyed building tiles that are on fire no longer count towards mission objective
- Wildfire: fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when a building was set on fire
- Added a work-in-progress preview of Gather mission, disabled by default
- Updated modApiExt to most recent mid-release version (12.255)
- (Hopefully) fixed issues with Slippery Ice push-slide sometimes not working
- Bunch of fixes to underlying modApiExt version
- Fixed the two new wildfire maps not actually being added to the map pool
- Fixed another issue that caused buggy charge behaviour on Slippery Ice to persist
- Slippery Ice slide preview now doesn't show for flying pawns, or pawns that will die to the skill's damage before the push effect is applied.
- Fixed buggy behaviour of charge mechanics on Slippery Ice
- Tweaked wildfire map #3 to remove the alcove at the bottom of the map
- Added two new wildfire maps
- Fixed a crash caused by selecting pawns
- Initial release