The mod is still in sort of an alpha version, and it's missing polish. I'm releasing it mostly so that it's easily accessible for people interested in checking it out, and maybe providing some feedback on how to make the missions more fun.
At the moment, there are three new missions: Wildfire, Overdriver, and Slippery Ice.
Download link: [ Version 0.4 ]
This mod requires mod loader version 2.2.5 or higher.
For changes, check out changelog.txt in the mod's folder.
Suggestions and ideas are most welcome.
- Can only appear on Archive island, and only as a high-threat mission to make it a little less common.
- Mission starts with a wall of fire appearing on the side of the map, similar to the Flooding mission.
- All fire tiles (including those spawned from Forest tiles and weapons) spread to adjacent tiles at the start of the next turn.
- The objective is to finish the mission with at most X buildings on fire (depends on difficulty)
- To help with fire management, the player is given control of two units: a Helicopter that can spawn smoke, preventing fire from spreading onto that tile, and a Firetruck that sprays water at two tiles in a straight line, extinguishing fires.
- From Hard difficulty onward, the fire can destroy Time Pods, if left unattended for a long period of time (2 turns on Hard; 1 turn on Very Hard; 0 turns on Impossible). On Normal and Easy, the Time Pod is never destroyed.
- This mission has 5 custom-made maps to make it a little more fair.
- Vek spawning rate is increased.
- Can appear on all islands.
- The player is given control of an Overdriver, that can recharge a friendly unit once per turn, allowing it to attack again. Only units that have already acted are counted as valid targets.
- The objective is to defend the Overdriver and prevent it from being destroyed.
- Vek spawning rate is increased, and the mission starts with one additional Vek on the board.
- Can only appear on Pinnacle island.
- Push effects send ground units sliding until they hit an obstacle.
- There are no custom objectives; this mission is mostly about the slippery ice environment.