[Squad] Aquamarines v1.0.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Robert Scythe

Re: [Squad] Aquamarines v1.0.0

Postby Robert Scythe » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:43 pm

Everglass, very good job in balancing these guys out! I played a 3 island hard (didn't have time for 4) and found it very enjoyable with enough stimulating thought to put into one's choices. The Flood Mech is now more in line with a support ranged unit, however, the water launcher could use an upgrade to do 1 additional center tile damage (probably for 1 core) keeping its splash tiles at just the 1. Though its push is its main utility effect, one damage throughout a 3 to 4 isle run is a little underwhelming, especially since it loses its push when targeting an enemy directly. Plus it will make it more useful in random/custom squads. I still believe that the Sinker and Hydraulic Mechs classes should be switched since it makes more sense for a science weapon to be a magnet and a brute weapon a blaster. But overall great work, Arfy should be proud! Thank you very much.
Last edited by Robert Scythe on Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everglass

Re: [Squad] Aquamarines v1.0.0

Postby Everglass » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Shamed to say that when I was tweaking the Aquamarines stats, the Flood Mech ended up taking the majority of strength reduction as it was easier to control a bit of the squads strength through limiting it's freedom of where it can create water tiles. And though the majority of the Flood Mech's strength comes with comboing abilities into the water tiles it makes, I can see where the mech could use a bit more in it's growth department. I'll be sure to include a damage upgrade to the tweaks.

Unfortunately, I can only really modify the squad through stats. I'm unable to fix anything mechanically, as editing the coding is really outside of my skill set. But if you run into any other issues or anything I may have broke, be sure to tell me.

Hopefully Arfy comes around and decides to do some polishing of his own, but until then, we'll just have to make do. :)