[Enemies] More Bosses v1.4.4 (NOT updated for ITB 1.2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Lemonymous

[Enemies] More Bosses v1.4.4 (NOT updated for ITB 1.2)

Postby Lemonymous » Tue May 01, 2018 7:03 pm

Warning:
This mod has not been updated for ITB 1.2. For bug free experience, use with ITB 1.1 - otherwise use at your own risk.

See here for an updated version of this mod.

7 new bosses to change up your ITB runs.
Intended to be slightly more adept than the usual bosses. Especially when playing on hard.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

More Bosses 1.4.4 - Adds 7 bosses - requires mod loader 2.3.0 or higher
BossRush 1.0.2 - Increases the amount of bosses you face on the final island.
Difficulty Modifiers 1.0.4 - Adds several modifiers to customize your difficulty as you see fit. (Independent from Easy/Normal/Hard/etc)

Mod Loader (Originally by CyberBoy2000. Continued by kartoFlane)
Special thanks to kartoFlane for his code library modApiExt, which this mod uses heavily.

Installation
1. Make sure Into the Breach is up to date.
2. Find your Into the Breach directory. If you are playing ITB under Steam, this directory can be found via Steam Library -> Right Click Into the Breach -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files.

3. Scroll down to Readme.md here, and follow the instructions there to install the mod loader.
4. Download this mod and place it in within the mods folder inside your ITB directory.

5. Run game - you're now good to go!

Mod Options
Click Mod Content -> Configure Mods -> More Bosses

Here you can disable any bosses you don't like.

Old versions - may require older mod loader
1.3.3, 1.3.1, 1.2.1

Changelog

Code: Select all

1.4.4 - Fixed a possible compatibility issue with other mods using the C utils dll.
1.4.3 - updated all my mods with correct modApiExt versioning. If you encounter bugs, update all your mods.
1.4.2 - modApiExt compatibility with other mods not using it's latest commits
1.4.1 - Bugfix
Digger bugfix. Thanks Alchemist for bugreport
Internal changes. Now requires mod loader 2.3.0
1.3.3 - Fixed Scarab Leader's attack bugging out when more than one was on the board at the same time. Thanks Karsta for bugreport
1.3.2 - Digger Leader bugfix
1.3.1 - Burrower Leader added.
1.2.1 - Leaper Leader bugfix.
1.2.0 - Rebalance.
Centipede Leader added.
Digger Leader added.
Minor fixes and changes.
1.0.7/1.0.8
Leaper Leader will correctly leap on damage when a Soldier Psion is on the board.
Smoke canceling Leaper Leader's attack for the turn is a mod option. For now.
1.0.6 - Leaper Leader will not attack again in a turn it's attack has been canceled by smoke.
1.0.5 - Fixed Scarab Leader not considering targets correctly.
Leaper will react to Vek attacking it, but will not attack more than once per turn.
Leaper will not react to fire damage.
Leaper will not react to a Soldier Psion dying.
Scarab will no longer cause an attack sound to play when pushed.
Scarab's attack can now be flipped.
Last edited by Lemonymous on Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:59 pm, edited 33 times in total.
Jumbocarrot0

Re: [Enemies] More Bosses

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:25 pm

Lemonymous wrote:Some harder than others.

Yeah, no dam some are harder then others, that blobber leader's attack looks like it would end many of my runs.
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Tue May 01, 2018 7:57 pm

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:
Lemonymous wrote:Some harder than others.

Yeah, no dam some are harder then others, that blobber leader's attack looks like it would end many of my runs.

Every boss is toggleable in Mod Configuration, so you can tailor your run to your preference.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue May 01, 2018 11:20 pm

And you keep on delivering with the good times. Although who's good time is relative :lol:

I'm very uncertain about the Blob Leader being something that can be faced; the Spider Leader is already very dangerous but the eggs are usually placed around the boss itself and might be able to be kept under control, whereas Blobber blobs tend to be dropped in locations you don't want them to be and must be taken care of quickly to avoid damage.
I might have it enabled in future runs but if I see it in the lineup, I might just "NOPE!" my way out like seeing a Spider or Goo.

So what plans are there for the Digger and Burrower Boss?
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Tue May 01, 2018 11:50 pm

stylesrj wrote:And you keep on delivering with the good times. Although who's good time is relative :lol:

I think no matter when I release, it is always going to be right after you've started a new run.

stylesrj wrote:I'm very uncertain about the Blob Leader being something that can be faced; the Spider Leader is already very dangerous but the eggs are usually placed around the boss itself and might be able to be kept under control, whereas Blobber blobs tend to be dropped in locations you don't want them to be and must be taken care of quickly to avoid damage.
I might have it enabled in future runs but if I see it in the lineup, I might just "NOPE!" my way out like seeing a Spider or Goo.

The Blobber Leader is certainly the scariest one. The mission does come with fewer spawns though, so give it a try if you dare ;)

I've also heared different people say the game is too easy, and too hard. This one is for the former crowd.

stylesrj wrote:So what plans are there for the Digger and Burrower Boss?

I have some notes, but I haven't found anything I like just yet. I might come back to them later.
Captain Trek

Postby Captain Trek » Wed May 02, 2018 8:13 am

Mission balance lives and dies on how many building-threatening hostiles you have to deal with on any given turn, so if the Blobber Leader battle has fewer spawns than normal, I for one am entirely willing to give it a try. I'll install this and let you guys know how it goes. Might be a while though, since like with Evolved Vek I can't control whether I wind up seeing these guys or not.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:36 am

stylesrj wrote:So what plans are there for the Digger and Burrower Boss?

Don't forget the centipede leader! Perhaps it could be like the firefly boss where it shoots in multiple directions?
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Sat May 05, 2018 11:17 pm

All known bugs have now been fixed in version 1.0.4. Please let me know if you find any more.
Xenesis

Postby Xenesis » Mon May 07, 2018 3:31 am

My first attempt at a Crab Leader went pretty mediocrely - it was certainly nice to have to pay attention to my positioning really carefully again because I wasn't used to how they work.
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Tue May 08, 2018 10:02 pm

Thanks for playing!

2 new bosses unleashed to threaten your time travellers.