[Pilots] Pilots+

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
neozoid

[Pilots] Pilots+

Postby neozoid » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:04 pm

Adds four new pilots, each with their own unique abilities.

Liu Rong - Before moving, lays a mine on this tile. Mechs are immune to mines.
Casey Burns - Once per battle, can leap to any tile in Move + 3 range.
Lucas Kendrall - Can swap with a friendly unit at any distance.
Atria - Immediately after moving, heals adjacent mechs. (2 power)

Download here.
stylesrj

Re: [Pilots] Pilots+

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:04 am

Liu Rong is very buggy right now. She spawns a mine underneath herself when performing an action which then immediately kills and revives her. This can also set her on fire if she was standing on a forest or get her covered in smoke if she was on a sand dune.
So she can't actually repair herself then and could be a hazard when blocking spawns or even basic movement.
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:00 am

It sounds like you're talking about what happens when you undo a move so she moves back to the tile she planted her mine. In which case she does die and revive as intended I think. The potential forest fire or smoke from dunes (as well as cracked ice, or lost shield) was iirc also always like this. It is somewhat complicated to solve.

If you're having other problem, replacing the modApiExt folder in /Pilots+/scripts/ with a newer version found here might solve them. I've had a few occurances where having mods with different versions of modApiExt caused issues.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:54 am

Not just undoing a move. A mine also seems to appear underneath her after performing an action as well. This means she can't actually repair herself.
SwishyFishy400

Postby SwishyFishy400 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:54 pm

The bug where Liu puts a mine under herself when she does an action also means she can't benefit from shielding attacks, such as the shield bash, because the mine immediately blows it up.
tosx

Postby tosx » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:18 pm

EDIT: Ignore the ice stuff below, it doesn't melt from units on fire.
----------
Thought of another potential issue with move teleporting, that if true would also affect Lucas...

If you stand on an ice tile and swap with a unit on fire, will it melt the ice and (for non-massives) kill the unit, two things that won't move-reset?

Can't remember if ice melts that way, but going to test tonight, and if it does that will be a huge headache.
----------
(Even if it doesn't, are you worried about potentially killing friendly non-massives by swapping them into water? Or mixing fire/smoke/frozen stuff to clear statuses, then resetting? Although that second one could be mitigated by tracking/reinstating fire/ice/acid status of the swapee, I think.)