[Squad] RF1995 v.1.3.7 (NOT updated for ITB 1.2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Lemonymous

Re: [Squad] RF1995

Postby Lemonymous » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:26 am

Captain Trek wrote:Huh. Whatever you did, it's made it so that the mechs retain their lost HP for the second half of the final battle.

Oh, I can see why that happens. I will definitely be fixing that.

Captain Trek wrote:Also, I'm a bit annoyed that a Blast Psion can spawn and Vek can then run onto a mine, dealing unavoidable damage.

I can understand your frustration. It has happened to me as well. I do wonder though, is this different from normal behavior on maps with blast psions and mines? To combat the scenario, it is possible to unequip mine when fighting blast psions.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:34 am

Captain Trek wrote:Huh. Whatever you did, it's made it so that the mechs retain their lost HP for the second half of the final battle.

I thought the game treats the two halves of the final battle as two different battles, so wouldn't that be normal?
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:41 am

He mean that the HP didn't regenerate, retaining only the current HP.
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:58 am

Captain Trek wrote:Also, I'm a bit annoyed that a Blast Psion can spawn and Vek can then run onto a mine, dealing unavoidable damage.

I can possibly force every enemy to avoid mines for the entire battle on islands with blast psions. Is this a preferable solution?
Captain Trek

Postby Captain Trek » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:52 am

The re-balancing of the Launcher (or Minelayer, as it's now known) and the graphical improvements have really put this squad over the top in terms of quality. The Minelayer still feels like a bit of an odd man out compared to the other three mechs, but it now pulls its weight and is able to offer a properly unique playstyle through its mines that simply wasn't present in the previous iteration, so its quite adequate in terms of gameplay variety and balance. Besides, from what you have told me, the Minelayer is true to its counterpart from the game this squad's four units come from, so a completely seamless integration with the other three mechs as the Jeep, Tank, and Chopper have with each other appears to be off the cards. At this point, therefore, I have no problem updating this squad's rating from an A to an A+, which includes the Minelayer. You do outstanding work and I look forward to seeing what your next mod has in store.

Lemonymous wrote:I can possibly force every enemy to avoid mines for the entire battle on islands with blast psions. Is this a preferable solution?

I think it's better to just advise players to disable the weapon when they face Blast Psions and the Psion Abomination.
Lemonymous

Re: [Squad] RF1995 v.1.3.3

Postby Lemonymous » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:45 am

Updated all my mods that uses the library modApiExt in order to fix a mod incompatibility with other mods that used a slightly different version of the library. Let me know if anything broke in the process.
Robert Scythe

Re: [Squad] RF1995 v.1.3.5

Postby Robert Scythe » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Lemonymous, great squad you've created here. Did a 4 isle hard run (chopper. jeep, tank) and enjoyed the challenge of using non-massive units. They start off very similar to Rift Walkers with slightly less damage output but become a bit better by the end, though that non-massive attribute keeps them in line. I did pick up a Teleporter and Wind Torrent so I hope those didn't skew my end game up too much. I will just have to try again since I had a good time with their playstyle. May have to try that Rocket Artillery/Minelayer/Launcher as well, though I've heard the mixed reviews about it. I also like the mobility involved with the chopper, jeep, tank combo, plus I had Ariadne in the jeep to help deal with the proximity it has to attain to be effective. She helped with the spawn blocking objectives as well. Looking forward to trying some other combinations and checking out your other squad creations.
Lemonymous

Re: [Squad] RF1995 v.1.3.5

Postby Lemonymous » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:19 pm

Thanks for the mini battle report! Teleport and Windtorrent surely cannot hurt a run!

As the many names for the 4th mech might suggest, it has changed many times. The reviews in this thread does not talk about the current iteration. I am obviously biased, but I think it can pull it's own weight, and plays a very different role than the other mechs in the squad. I hope it serves you well if you decide to try it.
WaffleGames

Re: [Squad] RF1995 v.1.3.7

Postby WaffleGames » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:16 am

So there is a bug/issue where the Missiles for the Rocket Artillery don't work

The missiles themselves launch/fly WAAAYY above the map (sorta) and firing them in the first place causes the game to softlock, Menu still works so all i can do is Abandon the timeline

Also the names for the Upgrades don't show
(edit)
Same problem with the cannon attack for the Light Tank, Shot appears off the map and nothing happens and the game softlocks...still able to use the menu and Abandon timeline
Power Of Geass

Re: [Squad] RF1995 v.1.3.7 (NOT updated for ITB 1.2)

Postby Power Of Geass » Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:19 pm

Before playing it, i though that you could have 4 mechs at the same time in play, and i loved that idea, but later i realized that that was not the case. It is a boomer, since i liked the idea that you have non massive units with barely any hp (wich means that you can't really block spawns in the early game) but you have the powe of numbers. it could make the squad more unique. Maybe you could make the jeep a passive of the helicopter (makes more sense that the tank) wich states: al the begining of the fight, deploy a jeep in a random adyacent tile. This way, because is a passive, the game will not let you put 2 of the same. Also some balancing would be needed, like making the jeep only make 1 damage at the begining and making the helicopter a science class. I thinks something like this will make the squad more unique and fun