Increase UI scale

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
huggs

Increase UI scale

Postby huggs » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:00 am

Hi,

How can I make things big enough to play the game? These things are pretty much "everything" Example of "things" that I need to make bigger, by a factor of at least 2, preferably 3-4 to be able to play the game:
- All text. Needing to lean so close to screen I'm at a third the normal view range is unacceptable.
- Icon for pilot mech selection at start of game. After leaning a lot closer, I could read something like "click here to change mech", but unless I also lean a lot closer than normal view range, I cannot even see that the mech icon is actually changing.
- Menu button texts in the options (ESC menu). The text on buttons like "Save & Quit" is just barely large enough to be readable by straining my eyesight, but not large enough to read comfortably. Even if all texts in the game were of this size, the game would still not be playable.

And yes, I have found the setting called "larger font" or something like that, which either does not work, or the font would be so small otherwise that I wouldn't be able to read it at any range.

FTL was great, so I really hope there is someway to fix this. Otherwise I will have to return the game as unplayable.
isla

Re: Increase UI scale

Postby isla » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Hi Huggs,

What happens on your screen when you enable Stretch Scaling and change the Max Board Scale settings? Does it still appear small on your screen, and if so, could I request a screenshot?
johanafm

Postby johanafm » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:19 pm

Hi isla,

Thank you!

I had missed the "Stretch Scaling" option. Now it looks great :)
isla

Postby isla » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:10 pm

Hooray! Thanks for letting me know it worked!