[BUG] Terraforming "grassland" or what

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
bleary

[BUG] Terraforming "grassland" or what

Postby bleary » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:07 pm

I've terraformed all the grassland (leaving a forest, which isn't grassland) but didn't get the objective. Either the objective needs to be clarified, or there's a bug.

Blue_Tree

Re: [BUG] Terraforming "grassland" or what

Postby Blue_Tree » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:37 pm

The tile of forest is counted as grassland so it' normal
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:12 pm

The trick about Terraformer missions is that you need to remember where you've used it before. You have 4 turns and 4 directions. You need to make sure you hit all 4 by the end.
So yes, you missed a spot and that forest counts as Grassland... it is an element placed on a Grassland tile.
bleary

Postby bleary » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:07 am

I know what I should have done. It's just there's no in-game way, as far as I'm aware, to learn that "forests" are a type of "grassland". (Which doesn't make sense to me, if there's one thing I know about forests, it's that they're not generally full of grass)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:23 am

bleary wrote:I know what I should have done. It's just there's no in-game way, as far as I'm aware, to learn that "forests" are a type of "grassland". (Which doesn't make sense to me, if there's one thing I know about forests, it's that they're not generally full of grass)

So you'd like it to say "Terraform all greenery tiles into desert" instead of Grassland?
Honestly, I think the objective should say "Terraform each direction around the Terraformer" and give you an indicator of which sides you've cleaned up so there's no ambiguity on what has to be done.
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:42 am

I feel like this is more a "lack of thinking" problem rather than a "bug" per se. And what's on the bottom of forests then? Green fabric?
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:36 pm

bleary wrote:I know what I should have done. It's just there's no in-game way, as far as I'm aware, to learn that "forests" are a type of "grassland". (Which doesn't make sense to me, if there's one thing I know about forests, it's that they're not generally full of grass)

The goal didn't turn green, like all other in-mission achievements (like destroy all mountains or kill/block x vek) do. It's a bit subtle but it's there. Also subtle-but-there, if you hover over terraformed tiles they tell you they're terraformed. And if you hover over non-terraformed tiles they don't. And it's very commonly obvious that you have to go all 4 ways in the 4 turns provided. At least, it was to me and seemingly everybody else because this hasn't come up before and I never even considered it.

Though I agree with you. "Terraform all land around the terraformer back to desert" would be better.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
isla

Postby isla » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:08 pm

I'm adding a note about the phrasing of this objective to our list of player-suggested improvements.