Secret Pilot has trouble getting EXP

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
stickthemantis

Secret Pilot has trouble getting EXP

Postby stickthemantis » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:32 am

Spoilers if you haven't unlocked the secret pilots!

I noticed that when Kazaaak gets a kill with his ability, he doesn't get the full experience, but rather it's shared between all pilots like with environmental kills. This is annoying because he is often put in support Mechs which don't have powerful weapons, making it more difficult to level up. Plus I don't think it makes sense given his character.

Edit: Hm, different mission and now he gets all of the xp just fine. Not sure if it was just a one time thing or if I misunderstood what was happening.
I'm Cyberboy2000, known as a modder and community leader of Invisible Inc.
I'm using this old account because I've been unable to get any verification email for a new account. Help with changing my name would be appreciated.
isla

Re: Secret Pilot has trouble getting EXP

Postby isla » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:39 pm

I've seen one case of this before, and it's on our list of things to investigate in more detail. Thank you for bringing it up.
Treamayne

Re: Secret Pilot has trouble getting EXP

Postby Treamayne » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:04 am

stickthemantis wrote:Spoilers if you haven't unlocked the secret pilots!

I noticed that when Kazaaak gets a kill with his ability, he doesn't get the full experience, but rather it's shared between all pilots like with environmental kills. This is annoying because he is often put in support Mechs which don't have powerful weapons, making it more difficult to level up. Plus I don't think it makes sense given his character.

Edit: Hm, different mission and now he gets all of the xp just fine. Not sure if it was just a one time thing or if I misunderstood what was happening.

Nope, you didn't imagine it. What I saw in my game was if the carcass falls into water, it counted as environmental. Example: In the same mission, custom squad, WIth Kazaaakpleth in the swap mech and Isamu in the Siege Mech. Isamu used cluster artillery to push a firefly into A.C.I.D. water and received 3 XP. Then Kaz melee attacked a beetle (2hp), killing it; but it also pushed into A.C.I.D. water and the 2 XP went to Gana and Isamu (with Kaz getting shafted) like an environmental kill.

Later, in Pinnacle, Kaz melee attacked a 4 hp beetle (with one damage) and pushed it into a frozen Vek, killing it. 2 HP went to Gana, 1 to Isamu and 1 to Kaz.

Edit:
Looks like it's been solved
Matthew wrote:Patch 1.0.22 (Beta)

The fixes are primarily gameplay bug related, with a few system compatibility issues fixed as well. Full change log below.

Version 1.0.22

<snip>
-Fixed: Secret Pilot / Ralph pilot skills could be attributed as "environment" for xp
V/R

Treamayne