Assorted requests

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
DGM

Assorted requests

Postby DGM » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:46 am

1) If you haven't taken an action yet this turn then reseting should bring you back to the start of the PREVIOUS turn (if it's not the first). Sometimes mistakes don't become apparent until the Vek start attacking but by then it's too late.

2) The perfect island reward and the reputation shop should both be available at the same time so we can see what's for sale before choosing. You're not allowed to leave the island until you take the reward anyway so you could just replace the leave island button.

3) On perfect island rewards: since you can always take a skilled pilot as a reward and sell him for enough rep to buy 2 grid power the option to take 2 power is redundant. It feels like there should be something else there. Maybe 3 power instead?

4) When shopping we should be able to examine the descriptions for a weapon's upgrades without having to buy it first. Alternatively, let us sell back anything we just bought for a full refund.

5) Dragging a pilot onto a mech should immediately equip it. Right now the process for swapping pilots is needlessly cumbersome.

6) We need a way to control the exact route a mech takes when moving. Walking through avoidable acid can get you killed.

7) I'd like a way to turn off grid defense, or change it so that it no longer depends on randomness. A successful defense feels like getting rewarded for dumb luck rather than skill, which doesn't fit with the rest of the mechanics. Also, bonus grid defense feels like a dud skill for pilots and I always hate getting it.
DGM

Re: Assorted requests

Postby DGM » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:34 am

I retract number 6. Sorry, I don't know why I thought just passing over acid gave you the status condition.