Bubble shield on capsules

General discussion about the game.
Logic_Hole

Bubble shield on capsules

Postby Logic_Hole » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:57 am

First, I'd like to just thank Subset for knocking it out of the park again. This is less viscerally exciting than FTL, but somehow it's even more engaging and amazing at making the time fly by.

Second, is it intended that bubble shields can't shield capsules/Time Pods? I felt so clever when I tried that, and then so disappointed when it didn't work, and even worse when I lasered it a second later.

Third, it's pretty cool that the bubble shield can be used on the charging mech. It makes the charger slightly less useless. I've even been considering putting a pilot back in it lol.

Thanks, y'all, for this great game.
Sleeper Service

Re: Bubble shield on capsules

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:53 am

Yeah shields only work on units and pods are considered a tile property rather. They can't be shielded/moved. On the bright side the Vek will never target or move to the pot by themselves, so the only actions that can destroy the pod are your own, as well as environmental dangers.
5thHorseman

Re: Bubble shield on capsules

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:35 am

Actually one or two Vek can inadvertently target the pod. If a Vek has a multi-tile attack (Like the burrowing cobra-like guy who attacks all 3 squares in front of him) then they can target the pod along with something else. They just won't ONLY target the pod :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."