Various Valorous Virtual Ventures - FTL Videos

Share and discuss FTL-related videos here.
VanguardOfValor

Re: Various Valorous Virtual Ventures - FTL Videos

Postby VanguardOfValor » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Marak wrote:Going to say you're in my Top 5 list for "good FTL vids on YouTub". I'll be throwing well-deserved Likes on all your vids; keep up the good work. Even if you don't have huge numbers, there are still those of us out there who appreciate your hard work in making entertaining vids.

Thanks! These kind of comments are very encouraging: since I don't have a huge viewership it's especially nice to hear that the people who do watch the videos like them. :P

Just out of interest, who would you say are some of the others in your top five YouTube FTLers?
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
Palarran

Postby Palarran » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Zzandrio has some very good videos; you should check out his technique for rearranging the order of your crew in a room during melee combat. You don't need to run around the enemy ship, you can simply switch places.
Palarran

Postby Palarran » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:45 pm

BTW, I think your videos are great. I finally created a YouTube account solely so I could thumbs up your videos.
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:58 pm

Palarran wrote:Zzandrio has some very good videos; you should check out his technique for rearranging the order of your crew in a room during melee combat. You don't need to run around the enemy ship, you can simply switch places.

I can imagine how that might work now that you mention it, I'll have to see how he does it. :P

Sounds like it would be convenient.

Palarran wrote:BTW, I think your videos are great. I finally created a YouTube account solely so I could thumbs up your videos.

Well, I certainly appreciate it! I'm glad you like the videos, too. :D
Marak

Postby Marak » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:44 pm

VanguardOfValor wrote:Just out of interest, who would you say are some of the others in your top five YouTube FTLers?

NorthernLion, AlpacaPatrol, Green9090, TalesOfLumin, and IndieStatik.

So I guess it's actually a Top 6 now. =P

edit: I just realized that I have a different username here on these forums... I'm that guy leaving random comments under my YouTub handle "Darkkfated".
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Neat, I'll need to check out some of their videos. :D

Ah, that's you? Thanks for the comments you've been leaving, they've been fun to read. I like when people actually comment on things in their comments, rather than just saying "It's good!" or "It sucks!". :P
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:57 pm

Oh thank the RNG gods... Finally got my hands on the Crystal Cruiser... That quest tree is such a pain. >.>

(Also, updated the video list. :D)

(Also also, posted on the FTL subreddit. Reddit is a scary looking place. :P)
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:02 pm

The first Crystal Cruiser video is up at last, and what a run it wound up being...

Honestly, I think it's not that amazing a ship. Its weapons can get outclassed really fast if you don't find more, especially because they fire slower than their non-crystal counterparts, and can be shot down by defense drone 1s. Thoughts?
Observato

Postby Observato » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:05 pm

I think it's Crystal B everyone talks about, probably because of the 4-MAN TELEPORTER. With three Crystals.
Hoa_Binh

Postby Hoa_Binh » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:22 am

Lucky lucky, I've never gotten the Rock Homeworld with my crystal crew ... I get them all the time just not the world.

Some day I'm sure but it is so annoying getting to the last sector before 8 and finding out that it was rebel ...

*edit*

And now time for an awesome quote: "Victory! Oh, it tastes delicious, victory does! Mmm-good."