Various Valorous Virtual Ventures - FTL Videos

Share and discuss FTL-related videos here.
stvip

Re: Various Valorous Virtual Ventures - FTL Videos

Postby stvip » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:47 pm

VanguardOfValor wrote:Not bad, but I feel like it needs some more V words.

Verily, vicarious vaunted 'V' verbosity vanished.
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:46 pm

Now that the site is stable enough to load pages, the first page has been updated with our first run in Advanced Edition! Check out our Lanius Cruiser Type A run here or in the first post as we attempt to make our way through Advanced Edition's content in Hard Mode!
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
renwold

Postby renwold » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:30 pm

Just want to chime in here and say that I checked out a few of your vids and you absolutely deserve these 8 pages of comments! Keep up the good work man :)
Star Fop - FTL Let's Play!
Thanks for watching, I'll see you next time!
Renwold|@RenwoldPlays|Ren Plays (Youtube)|(Facebook)
dominic1237

Postby dominic1237 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:17 pm

Could you please tell me how to download the pyro cruiser because I am desperate to try it thx.
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:42 am

I guess I jumped the gun with that "the forums are stable" post earlier. But hey! The first post has now been updated with a few new runs! Check it out for the first episodes of runs with the Zoltan Type C, Engi Type C, and Stealth Type C!
dominic1237

Postby dominic1237 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:24 pm

VanguardOfValor wrote:I guess I jumped the gun with that "the forums are stable" post earlier. But hey! The first post has now been updated with a few new runs! Check it out for the first episodes of runs with the Zoltan Type C, Engi Type C, and Stealth Type C!

Awesome start with the Stealth Type C you passed my original expectations of not being able to beat the first 3 sectors so well done. Plus you are my 2nd place youtuber ever keep up the good work with everything ;)
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Wed May 21, 2014 4:56 am

First post updated with the recently-posted Slug C run!
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat May 31, 2014 7:30 pm

Re: Modded Fed C run.

How long did it take you to realize that you replaced the Flak Artillery with the Artillery Beam? I noticed this in the hanger before the run.

The Flak Artillery, while it shoots 7 projectiles like the Flak II, is actually more accurate than the Flak I. The mechanics of it being an Artillery weapon just make it look like it has a greater spread because each projectile uses a different room rather than all of them using the same room when targeting.
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Sat May 31, 2014 9:28 pm

Not long after the first episode was recorded. I went to investigate why I had a beam blue option and figured it out (and replaced it with the Artillery Flak again), but I'm still not sure why it replaced it, because when I created the mod all I did was load the original Federation Cruiser C and then change some of the visuals...
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat May 31, 2014 10:00 pm

I'm assuming you used Superluminal2 to change the position of the clone bay. Perhaps it was just a bug with a beta version of the editor that replaced the weapon on you. If so, you should probably report it so kartoFlane can fix it.

Edit: I posted an inquiry about it in the Superluminal thread, even though I can't confirm the issue myself.

Edit2:
kartoFlane wrote:Yup -- currently the artillery system is loaded without the new 'weapon' attribute, as I've yet to figure out how to handle it nicely. For now, the editor defaults to ARTILLERY_FED for every artillery. Sorry :(