Various Valorous Virtual Ventures - FTL Videos

Share and discuss FTL-related videos here.
VanguardOfValor

Re: Various Valorous Virtual Ventures - FTL Videos

Postby VanguardOfValor » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:53 am

Huh, good to know that it was in fact superliminal that caused the switch. I had been doing a lot of fiddling with things at the time, so I wasn't sure if I had caused it myself somehow, which was why I didn't want to report it as something that definitely was definitely wrong.

Also, I've now updated the first post with a link to the Fed Type C run! :D
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:41 am

After a lengthy hiatus, we're back with some randomized adventures, using Rannl's randomized player ships as well as their randomized flagship mod! Check out our random adventures here or in the first post!
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:06 am

RE: just deserts

Code: Select all

<event name="NEBULA_ZOLTAN_EYE" unique="true">
   <text>Inside this nebula you detect a rogue planet drifting through space, on its surface a huge monolith visible at this distance even to the naked eye. A Zoltan elder hails you from the planet. "Through luck or intent, you have discovered the Great Eye. Look into its depths and receive your just deserts."</text>
   <environment type="nebula"/>
   <choice hidden="true">
      <text>Pull the ship in closer.</text>
      <event load="NEBULA_ZOLTAN_EYE_LIST"/>
   </choice>
   <choice>   
      <text>Leave.</text>
      <event>
         <text>Your mission is to save the Federation, not discover new wonders around the galaxy. You prepare to jump.</text>
      </event>
   </choice>
</event>
<eventList name="NEBULA_ZOLTAN_EYE_LIST">
   <event>
      <text>As you approach, an ancient alien voice speaks to you: "Your mission has brought you great battles, and great losses. This will help ease the pain." A few minutes later someone reports medical equipment has appeared on the ship!</text>
      <weapon name="BOMB_HEAL"/>
   </event>
   <event>
      <text>You approach the planet and wait, but nothing happens. The Zoltan hail: "And in the coming times, when the monolith speaks not with a man he has no future and must be left wanting."</text>
      <ship load="ZOLTAN_SHIP" hostile="true"/>
   </event>
   <event>
      <text>You approach the planet carefully, trying to keep your ship from breaking up in orbit. The monolith, whatever it is, must sense as much because the next thing you know you have enough scrap to patch up your damage and more besides!</text>
      <autoReward level="HIGH">scrap_only</autoReward>
   </event>
   <event>
      <text>As you approach, a kaleidoscope of colors fills the viewscreen and one of your crew begins to age rapidly in reverse, eventually disappearing into nothingness. Let's hope they've transcended physical existence, and not just been forced out of it.</text>
      <removeCrew>
         <clone>false</clone>
         <text>You check your Cloning Bay but it lies dormant. Whatever just happened to your crewmember must be irreversible.</text>
      </removeCrew>
   </event>
</eventList>

Google tells me that the phrase is "just deserts," not "just desserts," so no typo here.

As for the outcome, it is a 25% chance for a healing bomb, a fight with a Zoltan ship, a high level of scrap, or a lost crew member. Definitely no influence from the event text.