Let's Play Faster than light (badly)

Share and discuss FTL-related videos here.
Sumpumpolis

Let's Play Faster than light (badly)

Postby Sumpumpolis » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K06slsI5GY

Some friends and I decided to repurpose my old minecraft youtube channel as a game commentary channel, and one of the series we started is this FTL let's play.

I'd be grateful if anyone could offer advice/criticisms. Not on the game, on the video. I am quite glad to be awful at the game, I think it adds a lot to the experience.
5thHorseman

Re: Let's Play Faster than light (badly)

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:46 pm

I'll bite.

First, the video looks like it was recorded in 360p. It's very fuzzy at 720p. I'd fix that.
The audio is pretty good. Good levels but one of you sounds like you're not using a mic but the mic on your laptop or something.
At 1:57 you went from taking up the whole screen to taking up a smaller part of the screen, and then your video wasn't fuzzy anymore. Weird.
I'm not a huge fan of the music, and because of it I couldn't tell if there was a weird background hissing noise or if that was the music. If it was the music, don't use it. If it was a hissing noise, try to eliminate it or at least use a noise filter on your audio.

I won't discuss your gameplay because you said not to, but... No. No I won't :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
TempBanAppealDudePAE

Re: Let's Play Faster than light (badly)

Postby TempBanAppealDudePAE » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:39 pm

5thHorseman wrote:I'll bite.

First, the video looks like it was recorded in 360p. It's very fuzzy at 720p. I'd fix that.
The audio is pretty good. Good levels but one of you sounds like you're not using a mic but the mic on your laptop or something.
At 1:57 you went from taking up the whole screen to taking up a smaller part of the screen, and then your video wasn't fuzzy anymore. Weird.
I'm not a huge fan of the music, and because of it I couldn't tell if there was a weird background hissing noise or if that was the music. If it was the music, don't use it. If it was a hissing noise, try to eliminate it or at least use a noise filter on your audio.

I won't discuss your gameplay because you said not to, but... No. No I won't :)

He said don't discuss the GAME not the GAMEPLAY
BTW : You got 1337 post (1337 is slang for leet , which means elite as in Rebel Elite