Started FTL Advanced Edition Let's Plays

Share and discuss FTL-related videos here.
Requiem

Started FTL Advanced Edition Let's Plays

Postby Requiem » Thu May 08, 2014 6:59 pm

As the title says I'm starting an LP for Advanced Edition. My youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/user/Requiem740
I would appreciate feedback. But my main question is how do people order their videos? At the moment I'm splitting them into two at about sector 5. But the problem with that is that the second half of the video is really long! I'm not sure if I should keep the simple set up I have or split into more parts.

Thanks!
5thHorseman

Re: Started FTL Advanced Edition Let's Plays

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu May 08, 2014 10:12 pm

I split mine into 20-30 minute chunks and ignore sector breaks. Seems to work for me. Usually that's 4 episodes for a win or less for when I'm playing Hard Mode ;)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Requiem

Postby Requiem » Mon May 12, 2014 4:44 pm

5thHorseman wrote:I split mine into 20-30 minute chunks and ignore sector breaks. Seems to work for me. Usually that's 4 episodes for a win or less for when I'm playing Hard Mode ;)

I think that's what I'm going to end up doing. 3 - 4 parts depending on how long the run is going.
Thanks for the idea.

By the way it blows my mind that you play on Hard Mode! You're kind of a beast for being able to do that lol.
GordonOverkill

Postby GordonOverkill » Tue May 13, 2014 12:33 pm

I record one episode per sector. I play rather slowly all in all and usually the episodes are between 17 and 30 minutes each, which seems to me like some nice little bits.