I try to explain FTL to my Wife.

Share and discuss FTL-related videos here.
HoffSuppressant

I try to explain FTL to my Wife.

Postby HoffSuppressant » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:56 am

My Wife doesn't play or even care for video games. I thought FTL might be a nice way to introduce her to gaming. We play for about 20 minutes in this episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgX7nlCQdB0
Levgre

Re: I try to explain FTL to my Wife.

Postby Levgre » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:40 pm

Have to say I 'don't' think ftl was a good way to introduce her to gaming. She was overwhelmed, heck even a lifetime obsessive player like myself was a bit overwhelmed by FTL at first (although that's sort of the design, have the players mess up and learn each game).

Interesting video concept, but I think you should start by introducing her to games where she can grab the reigns :P there are even some rogue-likes she should be able to pick up.
HoffSuppressant

Postby HoffSuppressant » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:17 pm

I totally agree. She was golden for maybe the first 15 minutes but as things progress and the game escalates it was too much. Thank you for the feedback I was concerned that her boredom would bring down the vid but I liked the beginning so much I decided to throw it up on the tubes.
Levgre

Postby Levgre » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:29 pm

It didn't 'bring it down', per se, it was just not as interactive as it could've been (i mean your wife interacting), and thus more interesting. I also speak somewhat from experience, Trying to get a non-gamers into games I like. I liked all the little post-production quirks, and how you two got along.