Unknown Ship Video Series [SPOILER]

Share and discuss FTL-related videos here.
apostateCourier

Re: Unknown Ship Video Series [SPOILER]

Postby apostateCourier » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:24 am

PeteZone wrote:Congratulations for wasting your time reiterating what others have said. But, you do give a good point as to why this video isn't doing so good. I'll gladly take all of this into account next time I do a commentary, but be warned, this is me in real life, and I don't want to act or be someone else. I want to be myself.

I hate to say this, Pete, but a flat affect can be the kiss of death for media. That's just the way it is.
Zuriki

Postby Zuriki » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:59 am

Nobody cares about the real you, the people want entertainment, if you've not got an entertaining personality then feign it. If you can't feign it, you'll simply fall flat on your face.
Jalida

Postby Jalida » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:25 pm

apostateCourier wrote:
PeteZone wrote:Congratulations for wasting your time reiterating what others have said. But, you do give a good point as to why this video isn't doing so good. I'll gladly take all of this into account next time I do a commentary, but be warned, this is me in real life, and I don't want to act or be someone else. I want to be myself.

I hate to say this, Pete, but a flat affect can be the kiss of death for media. That's just the way it is.

Zuriki wrote:Nobody cares about the real you, the people want entertainment, if you've not got an entertaining personality then feign it. If you can't feign it, you'll simply fall flat on your face.

^^What they both stated above^^

If you want to be yourself and you're not entertaining, then be yourself in some other way, perhaps be the driving force off camera (off mic) instead. Otherwise let your entertaining side come out if you have it and entertain.

Next time I won't waste my time answering your question. Good luck
PeteZone

Postby PeteZone » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:33 am

Okay, from what I've learnt, I now know to improve dramatically in order to get respectable amounts of likes and comments. As I go on, I'll get less inclined to talk like that and I'll improve as I gain experience, thanks everybody for your comments.
Mr.spacedude

Postby Mr.spacedude » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:05 pm

I just unlocked the bravail it is awesome and im really loving the kickass crystal weapons but the way the systems are spread out really bugs me.

I'll be watching your series all right.