5thHorseman's Playthroughs of Each Ship

Share and discuss FTL-related videos here.
5thHorseman

Re: 5thHorseman's Playthroughs of Each Ship

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:39 pm

LegatDamar wrote:You skipped the vortex :evil: Why??? :( And i really can not understand why you hate the Vortex so much. It is way better than the Nisos ;)

And you should consider to play more "easy" ships first. Your last runs with a bit "harder" ships were so painful. You lost so much loyal souls :cry: Like the poor Sluggirl today. It is heartbreaking ;)

I don't "hate" the Vortex. It (and the Torus) have both been played one more time than the other ships. I've almost got 2 runs with everything, so why would I do a 3rd run with the Vortex or Torus when I've only done 2 with the remaining few ships?

Though when it comes down to it, I'd rather play most any ship but the Vortex or Torus. :D
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
LegatDamar

Postby LegatDamar » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:08 am

Sure, sure... but it is funny, because after finishing the Basilisk you joyfully announced the run with the Vortex - only to play the Nisos without even mentoining the Vortex ;) To be clear, you can play what you want, in any order - i enjoy every run - but i really had to giggle when i saw that you skipped "your favorite ship" the Vortex. I would do the same with the Nisos ;)

I tried the Nisos too, today... same result. Killed the Zoltan in sector 2; the ship in sector 4 - a stupid marshmallow would do more damage than this blankshooting Leto...

(PS: I hope my posts are understandable. 9 years englishlessons in school should prepare you for posting some senseless lines in a forum... it is not enough... yeah, i´m foreigner - not in a "urgent" way :lol: )
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:20 am

Seppuku by missile. :lol:
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: Season 3 Episode 77 - The Stormwalker - Part 3

Weapons hit twice in one fight. These excerpts about defense drones from slowriderxcorps came to mind.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17187&start=150#p68112
slowriderxcorps wrote:Alright. After going over the test footage...
...on certain problematic ships such as the Kestel and both the Mantis and Federation cruisers on the whole are unfortunately inflicted with what I call the Targeting glitch, where the drone will often completely ignore firing at missiles flying towards the nose of the ship.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17187&start=160#p68141
slowriderxcorps wrote:...certain area of the screen where everything past a certain point the Defense drone has a hard time attempting to protect. My best visualisation of where this line is drawn is between the Teleporter and Oxygen rooms on MantisA. Leave your Mouse there and use the arrows to scroll through the ships to see which rooms are affected by it.

I've never liked relying on defense drones.
LegatDamar

Postby LegatDamar » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:27 pm

You ask what you did wrong in the last battle of video 1 (first battle of video 2)? You have 4 shots with the BL I and the rebel had 1 shield. 1 or 2 volleys at the weapons, take them out, teleport over and kill the crew with taking 1, perhaps 2, missiles. Or, teleport over in engines, BL and firebomb the weapons - and then fight them in weapons.

Crystal sector - again - and the ship unlocked! Nice :D
This quest is sooooo boring and annoying. I tried a thousend times - at least! But i got it :)
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:15 pm

LegatDamar wrote:You ask what you did wrong in the last battle of video 1 (first battle of video 2)? You have 4 shots with the BL I and the rebel had 1 shield. 1 or 2 volleys at the weapons, take them out, teleport over and kill the crew with taking 1, perhaps 2, missiles. Or, teleport over in engines, BL and firebomb the weapons - and then fight them in weapons.

Yeah I got in a groove where I teleported into weapons and tried to take them down with my fighters. Bad choice, obviously and I should have teleproted into shields and then shot at weapons.

Can't take down a system when you're fighting guys in the same room.

And I barely got any use out of that fire bomb. My only consolation is HOLY CRAP I GOT TO THE CRYSTAL SECTOR LEGIT and HOLY CRAP 4 CRYSTAL DUDES.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

LegatDamar

Postby LegatDamar » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:59 pm

One thing about the Noether. It is named after: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmy_Noether (she was born only about 80 kilometers from where i life). Here you can hear her name - and the name of the ship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmEEjlXy7bw.

Why did you start the game with a Zoltan on shield? You wasted 1 power and dodge ^^ (well, no big deal because you the rockman in one of your first jumps ;) )
I never considered to pike beam the rebel ships the way you did (engines AND pilot). Thank you for that "tip" :P

On my last run with the Noether i had the the "problem" of getting too much stuff, too. You don´t need weapons for a long time but you have spend a lot of scrap in upgrading, so you don´t visit stores in the first sector. I had to throw away stuff very often with this ship.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:11 pm

LegatDamar wrote:Why did you start the game with a Zoltan on shield?

I guess he really wanted to power that one shield bar. :lol:
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:19 pm

LegatDamar wrote:One thing about the Noether. It is named after: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmy_Noether (she was born only about 80 kilometers from where i life). Here you can hear her name - and the name of the ship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmEEjlXy7bw.

Thanks for that. But "Neuter?" I am not sure I want to refer to the ship that way. :D Maybe I'll try to emphasize the "th" sound a bit more next time. Thanks!

LegatDamar wrote:Why did you start the game with a Zoltan on shield? You wasted 1 power and dodge ^^ (well, no big deal because you the rockman in one of your first jumps ;) )

I have no idea. I was wondering the same thing myself. I think, if I hadn't gotten that rock man, I'd have eventually gotten to my senses.

Also, I think putting the mantis on "do nothing" duty was wrong. He should have gone in engines and I should have gone into shields to make them unionable. I at least correct this mistake later :)

LegatDamar wrote:I never considered to pike beam the rebel ships the way you did (engines AND pilot). Thank you for that "tip" :P

I think it's the only beam that can do that, and you only want to do it when you've got Ions coming out the wazoo to keep shields down :)

LegatDamar wrote:On my last run with the Noether i had the the "problem" of getting too much stuff, too. You don´t need weapons for a long time but you have spend a lot of scrap in upgrading, so you don´t visit stores in the first sector. I had to throw away stuff very often with this ship.

Yeah. I should have stopped into a store in sector 2 to dump out my inventory :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

The Captain

Postby The Captain » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:46 pm

5thHorseman: Why is the teleporter not working? T...T...

B Team: We should be teleporting to the other ship. Why were we ordered to report to the Medbay?

:lol:

5thH, have you played Captain's Edition since the boss got artillery support in round 1 and hacking in round 3? Just wondering.